Fiberglass Hinged Patio Door Costs
Doors that are exterior facing must close against weather and intrusion. A common choice for hinged patio door frame material is fiberglass.
You will find that the cost to install average fiberglass hinged patio doors depends upon material and finish grade, size, structural preparation and special needs, and the labor rate.
In the following table the Labor Cost figure is what the able and prepared DIY persons should expect to save by performing the corresponding tasks.
Hinged patio door replacement: remove and dispose of existing door, install new door; include all material, equipment, and waste.
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Fiberglass frame: 6' x 6'8" in-swing doors (2) set, center locks satin nickel; prefinished, encased blinds; with hardware, trim, and touch-up.||$3,511||each||1||$3,511|
|Upgrade: additional cost for a fixed exterior awning; aluminum frame and painted panel, gutter edge, with hardware and touch-up.||$347||each||1||$347|
|Remove and dispose: existing door; include transport and non-hazardous dump fees.||$45||per CY||1||$45|
|+ Labor Cost (remove)||$32||per hour||3||$96|
|+ Labor Cost (replace)||$38||per hour||5||$190|
|+ Labor Cost (upgrade)||$38||per hour||4||$152|
Other considerations and costs
- These prices are for service in the immediate area of the provider.
- Taxes and permit fees are not included.
- Exterior patio doors bear critical responsibility for weather sealing and security.
- During contractor inspection the homeowner should be informed of any repair concerns like rot, and the cost to adapt the existing door-opening structure.
- A project to replace more than 2 doors should enjoy a unit price discount.
- There may be local or national subsidy for energy efficiency improvements.
- This project may suitable for DIY with carpentry skills, unless of a critical closure deadline.
- Partial DIY of removal and disposal tasks are possible for the prepared DIY.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2015.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Cost to install fiberglass hinged patio doors in my city
Cost to install fiberglass hinged patio doors varies greatly by region. To get free estimates from local contractors, please indicate yours.
Typical cost is about
Prices ranges from $3,556 (fiberglass hinged patio door replacement - DIY) to $4,341 (fiberglass hinged patio door replacement - upgraded) and also varies depending on your zipcode:
Cost by city
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: