How Much Does It Cost To Install A Pocket Door?
Pocket Door Installation Costs
A pocket door is a fantastic way to save some space where there is limited room. Instead of opening inward or outward, the pocket door slides into a pocket in the nearby wall. These types of doors are also interesting in their design and the style options that are available. One of the other advantages is that they can be a good option as an accessible door. It can often be difficult for someone in a wheelchair, for example, to pull a door open toward themselves. This allows them to more easily access different areas of their home.
They tend to be more expensive than traditional doors, and they could come off their track, which can be hard to fix easily. When properly installed, this should not be a problem.
Pocket door installation: 30 inches door.
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Pocket door||$350 each||1||$350|
|Supplies and equipment||$90 per door||1||$90|
|Upgrade: custom framing, if desired.||$225 per door||1||$225|
|Material Cost||$665 per door||1||$665|
|Labor Cost||$500 per door||1||$500|
|Total Cost||$1,165 each||1||$1,165|
Other considerations and costs
- Adding pocket doors during a new construction phase is cheaper than adding them when remodeling a home.
- Pocket doors are available in many different sizes, including standard door widths. However, there are larger doors available as well, but they will have an added cost.
- Pocket doors are made using many different types of materials including solid wood, glass, and aluminum.
- The location of the door can affect the cost, as well.
- For those who need wider openings, choosing double-pocket doors is an option.
- Automatic doors are available for an added cost.
- Removing an old door will incur a removal and disposal fee.
- DIY kits for pocket doors are available, and those who have the tools and skills might want to try to install the door on their own to save on installation costs.
- However, it is important to remember that if there are plumbing systems and electrical wires in the wall that will need to be hollowed out, it is best left to the professionals.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$1,871
- Bronx, NY$1,538
- Brooklyn, NY$1,282
- Philadelphia, PA$1,599
- Washington, DC$1,387
- Atlanta, GA$1,255
- Miami, FL$1,142
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$1,196
- Minneapolis, MN$1,403
- Chicago, IL$1,635
- Houston, TX$1,686
- San Antonio, TX$1,132
- Austin, TX$1,282
- Denver, CO$1,083
- Phoenix, AZ$1,142
- Las Vegas, NV$1,254
- Los Angeles, CA$1,413
- San Diego, CA$1,282
- San Jose, CA$1,549
- Seattle, WA$1,134
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: