Exterior Fiberglass Door Costs
Doors that are exterior facing must close against weather and intrusion. Fiberglass is a common low-maintenance choice for exterior door material.
You will find that the cost to install average exterior fiberglass doors depends upon material and finish grade, size, structural preparation and special needs, and the labor rate.
In the following table the Labor Cost figure is what the able and prepared DIY persons should expect to save by performing the corresponding tasks.
Exterior door replacement: remove and dispose of existing door, install new door; include costs for all material, equipment, and waste.
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Fiberglass door set: 36" wide x 80" tall x 1-3/4" thick, polyurethane core; prehung, includes standard lockset, all trim, hardware, and touch-up.||$418||each||1||$418|
|Upgrade: additional cost for beveled-glass oval-lite in brass caming trim, super wood-grain texture, security lockset, and other trim upgrades.||$820||each||1||$820|
|Remove and dispose: existing door; include transport and non-hazardous dump fees.||$45||per CY||1||$45|
|+ Labor Cost (remove)||$32||per hour||2||$64|
|+ Labor Cost (replace)||$38||per hour||4||$152|
|+ Labor Cost (upgrade)||$38||per hour||1||$38|
Other considerations and costs
- These prices are for service in the immediate area of the provider.
- Taxes and permit fees are not included.
- Exterior entry doors bear critical responsibility for security and weather sealing.
- During contractor inspection the homeowner should be informed of any repair concerns like rot, and the cost to adapt the existing door-opening structure.
- A project to replace more than 2 doors should enjoy a unit price discount.
- There may be local or national subsidy for energy efficiency improvements.
- This project may suitable for DIY with carpentry skills, unless of a critical deadline.
- Partial DIY of removal and disposal tasks are possible for the prepared DIY.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2015.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Cost to install exterior fiberglass doors in my city
Cost to install exterior fiberglass doors varies greatly by region. To get free estimates from local contractors, please indicate yours.
Typical cost is about
Prices range from $463 (exterior fiberglass door replacement - DIY) to $1,537 (exterior fiberglass door replacement - upgraded) and also vary depending on your zipcode:
Cost by city
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: