How Much Does It Cost To Install An Entry Door?
Entry Door Installation Costs
Your entry door needs to do several things. It needs to be attractive and aesthetically pleasing since it will be the first thing that people see when they come up to the entrance of your home. However, aesthetics are not all that matters. The door also needs to be durable and strong to help keep you and your family safe.
When choosing an entry door for your home, you need to be aware of a range of different factors. You need to be sure you select an entry door that is the right size for your home. While many entry doors are considered “standard” at 36” x 80”, that’s not the case for all homes. Make sure to get the right size.
Also, you will want to consider the materials used to make the door. There are wood and metal doors available, for example. Some will have windows, some will have designs on them, and some will be relatively plain. All of these things will factor into the cost of the door.
You also need to consider whether you need to have a new door or you are looking for someone who can construct and install the entire frame and door jamb. Those who are looking for more than just a door can expect to pay more for the service.
Entry door installation: 36”x80” door, various door types, and labor.
|Item||Average Unit Cost||Quantity||Total Cost|
|Labor Cost||$200-$300 per door||1||$200-$300|
Other considerations and costs
- Consider whether you want to change out the door hardware to something fancier or more aesthetically pleasing. This will increase the cost of the door.
- Consider what material will work best for you – fiberglass, steel, or wood.
- The quality and aesthetics of the door will have a lot to do with the price.
- Taxes are not included.
Check out our guide if you need a loan for your home improvement project.
- DIY is possible for entry door installation. It is relatively simple, but it is made much easier with two people or more. However, if you need to have the entire frame installed, you will need to hire a professional.
- The door needs to be hung level to ensure that it will open and close correctly.
- Incorrect installation of the door could mean repairs will be needed to the door frame.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$2,570
- Bronx, NY$2,112
- Brooklyn, NY$1,760
- Philadelphia, PA$2,196
- Washington, DC$1,906
- Atlanta, GA$1,724
- Miami, FL$1,568
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$1,643
- Minneapolis, MN$1,927
- Chicago, IL$2,245
- Houston, TX$2,316
- San Antonio, TX$1,554
- Austin, TX$1,760
- Denver, CO$1,487
- Phoenix, AZ$1,569
- Las Vegas, NV$1,722
- Los Angeles, CA$1,940
- San Diego, CA$1,761
- San Jose, CA$2,127
- Seattle, WA$1,557
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: