How Much Does It Cost To Install A Barn Door?
Barn Door Costs
One of the popular new trends that many people have started to embrace is the idea of having sliding barn doors right in their homes. They are a good option for those who want to have a convenient yet aesthetically interesting way of separating rooms. These doors will simply slide open, which gives them an advantage to doors that would open outward. It means that they are not going to be taking up extra space, similar to how pocket doors would operate. However, because of the unique look and style of the barn doors, people still want to see them when they have been slid open.
While barn doors are often made from wood, there are other materials that are being used in their construction today. Some of the options include fiberboard, plastic, and metal. You will want to consider the rest of the décor that you have in the home and make sure you find something that will be able to fit in well with the aesthetics of the place.
Barn door installation: double wooden barn doors added to a room in your home.
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Double barn doors and hardware||$700 each||1||$700|
|Labor Cost||$175 per installation||1||$175|
|Total Cost||$875 each||1||$875|
Other considerations and costs
- Adding anything to the barn doors, such as a window that allows you to see between rooms or adding an automatic door system will increase the cost.
- You could get creative with the barn doors and use them in a living area to help conceal the TV and entertainment system when it is not in use.
- Chalkboard barn doors are a popular option for kid’s rooms, where they can write on the board. They could also be used in the kitchen, where you could write recipes, messages, etc.
- The doors and the tracks will need occasional cleaning and maintenance to ensure they keep working well.
Although the doors can be heavy, the installation process is relatively simple. You could opt to install them on your own. Just make sure you have the right tools and hardware and that you install the tracks correctly. You will also want to have someone who can help to put the doors on the tracks if they are too heavy for you.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Websites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$1,406
- Bronx, NY$1,155
- Brooklyn, NY$963
- Philadelphia, PA$1,201
- Washington, DC$1,042
- Atlanta, GA$943
- Miami, FL$858
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$898
- Minneapolis, MN$1,054
- Chicago, IL$1,228
- Houston, TX$1,266
- San Antonio, TX$850
- Austin, TX$963
- Denver, CO$813
- Phoenix, AZ$858
- Las Vegas, NV$942
- Los Angeles, CA$1,061
- San Diego, CA$963
- San Jose, CA$1,163
- Seattle, WA$851
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: