How Much Does It Cost To Install A Secutiry Entry Door?
Security Entry Door Costs
It may be a frustrating truth, but many people need a security entry door to ensure the utmost in safety at their home or other property. Some just feel that a security entry door really ensures an ideal entry into a building or foyer, and there are many styles of door that can operate as a form of security and provide aesthetic appeal. There are options for screen doors that provide fresh air and yet remain entirely safe, and the same applies to storm doors that can allow plenty of light inside while keeping the interior safe from the weather and unwelcome intruders.
Security entry door: 12’x16’ entry door.
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Security door: materials include fiberglass, steel, hardwood, wrought iron, and steel encased hardwood.||$300-$4,000 each||1||$300-$4,000|
|Labor Cost (installation)||$40-$60 per hour||5-8||$200-$480|
|Total Cost||$500-$4,500 each||1||$500-$4,480|
Other considerations and costs
- There is a good ROI on a professionally installed security entry door, and particularly if it is paired with a home or building security system and similar doors at all entries.
- The strongest of all options is the hardwood doors with steel cores, but they do come at a premium cost of around $3,000.
- Measuring for any sort of security entry door is best managed by a professional. There is little room for error and the placement of the handle or knob needs to be carefully considered.
- The hinges, frames, and locks of a security entry door will be different than that of a normal door and this necessitates care during installation and knowledge of the level of security each choice offers.
It may seem as if the installation of a door is a DIY project, but there are so many factors involved in a security entry door that it is best if all aspects are handled by professionals such as home security, carpentry or contracted experts.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$4,016
- Bronx, NY$3,300
- Brooklyn, NY$2,750
- Philadelphia, PA$3,431
- Washington, DC$2,977
- Atlanta, GA$2,694
- Miami, FL$2,450
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$2,566
- Minneapolis, MN$3,011
- Chicago, IL$3,508
- Houston, TX$3,618
- San Antonio, TX$2,429
- Austin, TX$2,750
- Denver, CO$2,324
- Phoenix, AZ$2,451
- Las Vegas, NV$2,691
- Los Angeles, CA$3,032
- San Diego, CA$2,751
- San Jose, CA$3,323
- Seattle, WA$2,433
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: