How Much Does It Cost To Repair A Toilet?
Toilet Repair Costs
The toilet is easily one of the most important elements in any home, but people do not think about it until something goes wrong. Of course, when the toilet is not working properly, it can cause many people to panic. It’s something that we use every single day. Many different types of problems can arise when it comes to the toilet. It might keep running, there could be a leak where the toilet connects to the floor, it might not flush properly or at all, or it could be filling slowly.
It seems that there are countless potential toilet issues that can happen. When something goes wrong, you want to have the toilet repair taken care of as quickly as possible.
Toilet repair: a single toilet that is not flushing completely.
|Flush valve repair: replacement parts||$20|
Other considerations and costs
- Geographic location will affect the price of the toilet repair. Certain areas of the country are more expensive than others.
- If the toilet continually needs to have repairs, you might find that it will be cheaper to replace the toilet than to keep making those repairs. It will be less of a hassle, as well.
- Some plumbers will have fixed rates for certain types of repairs rather than hourly rates. This can give you a better idea of how much the overall cost will be for your toilet, but keep in mind that this does not always include the price of the replacement parts that might be needed.
- Some repairs can’t be completed by just a single plumber, which will add to the costs.
- Many toilet issues can be taken care of on your own with the right tools and a little knowledge gained from home improvement websites and videos that cover the problem.
- The first course of action is always to make sure that you have narrowed down the problem so you do not waste time and money.
- Most toilet fixes tend to be relatively easy to fix, such as clearing a clog with a snake or plunger.
- If you are not certain what you are doing, you should call in a professional plumber to take care of the problem.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$225
- Bronx, NY$185
- Brooklyn, NY$154
- Philadelphia, PA$192
- Washington, DC$167
- Atlanta, GA$151
- Miami, FL$137
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$144
- Minneapolis, MN$169
- Chicago, IL$196
- Houston, TX$203
- San Antonio, TX$136
- Austin, TX$154
- Denver, CO$130
- Phoenix, AZ$137
- Las Vegas, NV$151
- Los Angeles, CA$170
- San Diego, CA$154
- San Jose, CA$186
- Seattle, WA$136
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: