How Much Does It Cost To Install A Sink?
Sink Installation Costs
Whether you are remodeling a bathroom or a kitchen, one task that will most definitely occur is a new sink installation. Not only is this a wise choice aesthetically, but it improves the function of any space. After all, the sink is used many times daily and can be equal parts décor and function.
There are many options and different costs associated with choosing and having a new sink installed. The average price for a sink installation is around $200, but this can go up dramatically if a more costly, the designer sink is chosen or if plumbing proves challenging and labor fees increase.
Budget for a Sink Installation: by sink type, labor cost included in the cost ($150).
|Drop-in sink: the most common type and it is just inserted into the countertop and the built-in lip holds it in place.||$300|
|Pedestal sink: this one-piece, freestanding style is growing in popularity every year.||$350-$2,350|
|Undermount sink: fitted beneath the countertop, they have a bit more of a challenge where the installation process is concerned.||$375|
|Vessel sink: these sit on the countertop and are often some of the most artisan and unique in style. They might be shaped as glass bowls or enormous stone troughs.||$350-$5,150|
Other considerations and costs
- Opting for sinks that have above-average dimensions may mean much higher costs for installation because the cabinetry has to be fortified against all of the added weight.
- Purchasing solid surface sinks and counters may seem appealing, but this may be an inefficient choice because replacing that sink in the future will mean replacing the entire unit. Sinks cannot be purchased singly and it can be a very costly issue if anything happens to the sink.
- Opting for pedestal sinks may be an appealing choice esthetically, however, it can leave a property owner without any reasonable amounts of bathroom or washroom storage.
- Part of any installation of a new sink (when it is a replacement) is the cost of removing and discarding the old sink, and this is going to come in at an average price of $50, but may be more if there is a lot of debris or difficulty in the removal process.
- Additional considerations when planning a new sink installation include garbage disposal units, the kinds of fixtures (faucets, etc.) that will be used, and items like drain guards and so on.
Installing a sink is rarely a DIY venture and for those who want the very best results, it is best to work with a handyman or plumber adept at such tasks.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$4,337
- Bronx, NY$3,564
- Brooklyn, NY$2,970
- Philadelphia, PA$3,706
- Washington, DC$3,216
- Atlanta, GA$2,909
- Miami, FL$2,646
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$2,772
- Minneapolis, MN$3,252
- Chicago, IL$3,788
- Houston, TX$3,908
- San Antonio, TX$2,623
- Austin, TX$2,970
- Denver, CO$2,509
- Phoenix, AZ$2,648
- Las Vegas, NV$2,906
- Los Angeles, CA$3,274
- San Diego, CA$2,971
- San Jose, CA$3,589
- Seattle, WA$2,627
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: