How Much Does It Cost To Install A Sump Pump?
Sump Pump Installation Costs
Sump pumps might not have a glamorous job but are an essential part of the home. They are installed at the lowest level of the home, and their purpose is simple. They are meant to remove water from the foundation, and this helps to reduce the risk of flooding and structural damage.
Whether you need to have a sump pump installation in a new home under construction, or you need to replace your current pump, many factors that go into the total cost of the unit and the installation. The location of the pump, the type, and size of the pump, as well as the power of the pump will all play a factor in the costs.
You will be able to choose from many different types of sump pumps that are on the market today, including submersible pumps, which are the most common. Other options include pedestal or column pumps, and battery-powered backup pumps. If you have noticed any problems with your current sump pump, such as having it back up, strange noises, or it is not working correctly, it may be time to have a new one installed.
|Submersible sump pumps||$65-$500|
|Pedestal/column sump pumps||$60-$250|
|Battery backup sump pump system||$130-$1,025|
|Labor Cost||$1,000-$1,500 including the pump|
Other considerations and costs
- Installation of a sump pump will generally take between one and two days.
- The most common horsepower for pumps is ⅓ and ½.
- In addition to the sump pump, other costs include the sump basin, sump basin cover, check valve, drain tile pipe, PVC piping, and gravel.
- Taxes and permit fees not included in the cost.
Check out our guide if you need a loan for your home improvement project.
- Sump pump installation is a DIY project that you can complete on your own, but it will take a lot of work and knowhow. Always make sure you understand what needs to be done for the installation of your type of pump and follow the instructions. Many will choose to have a professional take care of the installation for them because it will be easier, and they can be sure it is done correctly.
- If installing on your own, plan the placement of the pump properly at the location where the most moisture or water gathers, and then dig the sump pit. Add the sump basin, then install the pump according to manufacturer instructions.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$2,410
- Bronx, NY$1,980
- Brooklyn, NY$1,650
- Philadelphia, PA$2,059
- Washington, DC$1,786
- Atlanta, GA$1,616
- Miami, FL$1,470
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$1,540
- Minneapolis, MN$1,806
- Chicago, IL$2,105
- Houston, TX$2,171
- San Antonio, TX$1,457
- Austin, TX$1,650
- Denver, CO$1,394
- Phoenix, AZ$1,471
- Las Vegas, NV$1,614
- Los Angeles, CA$1,819
- San Diego, CA$1,651
- San Jose, CA$1,994
- Seattle, WA$1,460
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: