How Much Does It Cost To Install A Dryer?
Dryer Installation Costs
A dryer is an essential appliance for the home. If you are in need of a new dryer, you will find that there are many choices available today, and they run the gamut in terms of price, size, and features. You can find washer and dryer combos, vented dryers, heat pump dryers, and other options. There are many different brands available, and you will likely want to choose a brand that you know and trust to ensure you are getting a dryer that will last. You can also find energy-efficient dryers, which can help you save on your electric bill each month.
Maintenance for the dryers tend to be easy and they will require a minimal amount of cleaning and care. However, to ensure that the dryer lasts for as long as possible, you might want to consider getting an annual inspection. You could have it done at the same time as the washer inspection.
Dryer installation: vented dryer.
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Connectors, Fittings, and Other Job Supplies||$5 each||5||$25|
|Labor Cost (installation)||$65 per hour||2||$130|
|Labor Cost (removal of old dryer)||$65 per hour||1||$65|
|Total Cost||$820 each||1||$820|
Other considerations and costs
- If you also need to install a dryer vent, this will add several hundred dollars to the cost.
- In some cases, the company from which you buy the dryer may also offer free or discounted installation.
- If you are having a professional install the dryer, make sure that you have the space clear for them to come through with the dryer and to complete the installation.
- Make sure the dryer you choose will fit into the space you have available.
- If you are simply replacing the dryer, you should be able to take care of the installation on your own very quickly. However, if you have to move the new dryer into the right location, you will need to have someone help you.
- If you also have to install a venting system, you are better served by having the professionals take care of it.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Websites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$1,317
- Bronx, NY$1,082
- Brooklyn, NY$902
- Philadelphia, PA$1,125
- Washington, DC$977
- Atlanta, GA$884
- Miami, FL$804
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$842
- Minneapolis, MN$988
- Chicago, IL$1,151
- Houston, TX$1,187
- San Antonio, TX$797
- Austin, TX$902
- Denver, CO$762
- Phoenix, AZ$804
- Las Vegas, NV$883
- Los Angeles, CA$994
- San Diego, CA$902
- San Jose, CA$1,090
- Seattle, WA$798
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: