How Much Does It Cost To Install A Toilet?
Toilet Installation Costs
Having a nice toilet that is working properly is something that many people take for granted. If you have an old toilet that is no longer performing as well as it should, or if the toilet seems as it is in constant need of repair, getting a new toilet is the best option. There are many different options available for toilets today, and you can find them for a range of prices and even in different colors and styles.
When you are choosing a toilet to install, you want to find one that will be comfortable and that will work well with the current décor that you have in the bathroom. You also want it to be highly functional and long-lasting, so be sure you research the brands and models before making a choice.
Toilet installation: new toilet, as well as the removal of the old toilet.
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity>||Line Cost|
|Labor Cost (removal)||$75 per hour||1.5||$112.50|
|Labor Cost (installation)||$75 per hour||2||$150|
Other considerations and costs
- It is essential that you measure the amount of space that you have available for the toilet before you make your purchase. You do not want to buy a toilet that is too large for the space.
- You should also consider the height and the features of the toilet, as well as whether it has a round bowl or an elongated bowl.
- If the toilet installation will require replacement of any pipes or hoses, it will add to the cost of the installation.
- Unexpected issues, such as leaks or improper placement of the was seal ring can add to the overall cost, as the plumber will have to fix these issues.
- Sometimes, plumbers will charge an added fee if they have to take a toilet upstairs for the installation.
- There are many optional features that can add to the price of a toilet, as well, such as heating, a bidet, or even smart toilets.
- Your geographic location can affect the costs.
- Most homeowners prefer having a professional take care of the toilet installation, as they want to make sure it is installed properly the first time.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$783.11
- Bronx, NY$643.51
- Brooklyn, NY$536.33
- Philadelphia, PA$669.08
- Washington, DC$580.60
- Atlanta, GA$525.29
- Miami, FL$477.75
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$500.45
- Minneapolis, MN$587.09
- Chicago, IL$684.02
- Houston, TX$705.53
- San Antonio, TX$473.60
- Austin, TX$536.26
- Denver, CO$453.09
- Phoenix, AZ$478.04
- Las Vegas, NV$524.67
- Los Angeles, CA$591.18
- San Diego, CA$536.47
- San Jose, CA$647.99
- Seattle, WA$474.40
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: