How Much Does It Cost To Install The Plantation Shutters?
Plantation Shutters Costs
Plantation shutters are window blinds with wide wooden slats that make a dramatic window decor statement and upscale the look to your windows. They are pricier than other shutters because of their materials and the steps that go into making them.
They are selected for their good looks, but also because they help to conserve energy by trapping conditioned (heated or cooled) air inside of the house. They block the sun effectively too and ensure privacy. They are always well-made and durable, and because they are often made with wide louvers, they are long-lasting and can withstand even rigorous use.
Plantation shutters installation: 6 windows
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Shutters||$200 to $350 per window||6||$1,200-$2,100|
|Labor Cost||$100 per window||6||$600|
|Total Cost||$300-$450 per window||6||$1,800-$2,700|
Other considerations and costs
- Utilizing the help of big box home improvement store installation services guarantees a good outcome because their experts will measure the windows, introduce the owner to the many materials and styles, and ensure that installation is done in a proper, seamless manner.
- Installation can involve leveling and anchoring, and because the plantation shutters can be incredibly heavy, specialty framing may be required, adding more time and cost to the installation.
- The costs for installation may involve multiple visits to measure and then do the installation.
- Faux wood shutters have many of the same properties as real wood shutters and come with the added benefit of installing much easier because of that noticeable weight difference.
- There is a substantial pricing difference between wood and faux wood, with wood averaging more than $200 per window while the faux wood varies from as little as $70 per window to well over $250 per window.
- There is a notable ROI or return on investment with the addition of plantation shutters, and they are far more beneficial than the addition of other window dressings due to their energy efficiency, durability, and good looks.
- Operated by the center louver, they are far safer than any other sort of blind that requires cords and easily tangled strings.
- It is possible to do a DIY plantation shutter installation, and many say that the savings can amount to $100 per window. However, this is for the install process and it does not take into consideration the precise measuring that must be done and proper preparations before installing.
- They are best if professionally installed because of their substantial weight and difficulty in handling during installation. In fact, experts note that they are far more difficult to hang than classic vinyl shutters.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$3,614
- Bronx, NY$2,970
- Brooklyn, NY$2,475
- Philadelphia, PA$3,088
- Washington, DC$2,680
- Atlanta, GA$2,424
- Miami, FL$2,205
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$2,310
- Minneapolis, MN$2,710
- Chicago, IL$3,157
- Houston, TX$3,256
- San Antonio, TX$2,186
- Austin, TX$2,475
- Denver, CO$2,091
- Phoenix, AZ$2,206
- Las Vegas, NV$2,422
- Los Angeles, CA$2,729
- San Diego, CA$2,476
- San Jose, CA$2,991
- Seattle, WA$2,190
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: