Aluminum Sliding Window Costs
Windows that are exterior facing must close against weather and intrusion. The Sliding Window is a horizontal-slide opening design that provides good ventilation passage.
You will find that the cost to install average aluminum sliding windows depends upon material and finish grade, size, structural preparation and special needs, and the labor rate.
In the following table the Labor Cost figure is what the able and prepared DIY persons should expect to save by performing the corresponding tasks.
Sliding window replacement: remove and dispose of existing window, install new window; include all material, equipment, and waste.
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Aluminum window set: 48" wide x 48" tall; anodized finish; two dual glass panes, 1 opening; including all trim, sealing, hardware, and touch up.||$220||each||1||$220|
|Upgrade: additional cost for a medium-duty fixed exterior awning; aluminum frame, painted panel, gutter front edge.||$231||each||1||$231|
|Remove and dispose: existing window; include transport and non-hazardous dump fees.||$45||per CY||1||$45|
|+ Labor Cost (remove)||$32||per hour||2||$64|
|+ Labor Cost (replace)||$38||per hour||5||$190|
|+ Labor Cost (upgrade)||$38||per hour||3||$114|
Other considerations and costs
- These prices are for service in the immediate area of the provider.
- Taxes and permit fees are not included.
- The sliding window may have one or both panes sliding.
- During contractor inspection the homeowner should be informed of any repair concerns like rot, and the cost to adapt the existing window-opening structure.
- A project to replace more than 2 windows should enjoy a unit price discount.
- There may be local or national subsidy for energy efficiency improvements.
- This project is not highly suitable for DIY with precise carpentry and a critical closure deadline.
- Partial DIY of removal and disposal tasks are possible for the prepared DIY.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2015.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Cost to install aluminum sliding windows in my city
Cost to install aluminum sliding windows varies greatly by region. To get free estimates from local contractors, please indicate yours.
Typical cost is about
Prices range from $265 (aluminum sliding window replacement - DIY) to $864 (aluminum sliding picture window replacement - upgraded) and also vary depending on your zipcode:
Cost by city
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: