How Much Does It Cost To Install A Glass Block Window?
Glass Block Window Installation Costs
Glass block windows are a popular option, and they can be used on a range of different windows around the home. They are often used as a means to provide more privacy to certain areas of the home. These types of windows will still allow in light, but people will not have to worry about anyone being able to see inside. In addition, these glass block windows can work well to provide additional insulation. They are common in bathrooms, but they could be used for other areas, as well.
The glass blocks for windows are available in a range of sizes, as well as various colors. In addition to being used for windows leading to the outside of the home, they could also be used within the home in a wealth of interesting ways.
Glass block window installation: 14”x24” prefab window for the bathroom.
|Glass block window||$350|
|Ventilation opening for the window||$30|
Other considerations and costs
- Those who want windows that are vented to the outside will typically need to pay more for the cost of installation.
- If you are going to be using glass block windows for your home improvement project, you want to be certain that these are the types of windows you truly want. While they have a lot of benefits, they tend to be costly to remove if you decide to change your mind about them in six months.
- When looking for installation costs and quotes, it is a good idea to speak with contractors who specialize in glass block windows.
- Adding LED lighting for decorative glass blocks will add to the overall cost of the project.
- It is important to measure the window or other location where the glass blocks will be added to ensure you are getting the right size and the right number of blocks.
- Take care when removing the old window, so you do not break the glass or damage the frame.
- Once the tracking is installed, you can start to place the glass blocks into the window, starting in a bottom corner and completing one row at a time. The final glass block should go into the space where the tracking was cut out.
- Seal the blocks with silicone.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$1,173
- Bronx, NY$964
- Brooklyn, NY$803
- Philadelphia, PA$1,002
- Washington, DC$869
- Atlanta, GA$787
- Miami, FL$715
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$749
- Minneapolis, MN$879
- Chicago, IL$1,024
- Houston, TX$1,056
- San Antonio, TX$709
- Austin, TX$803
- Denver, CO$678
- Phoenix, AZ$716
- Las Vegas, NV$786
- Los Angeles, CA$885
- San Diego, CA$803
- San Jose, CA$970
- Seattle, WA$710
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: