Wood Bay Window Costs
Windows that are exterior facing must close against weather and intrusion. The Bay Window is a classic design that adds to interior space and comfort, and exterior appeal.
You will find that the cost to install average wood bay windows depends upon material and finish grade, size and dimensions, preparation and special needs, and the labor rate.
In the following table the Labor Cost figure is what the able and prepared DIY persons should expect to save by performing the corresponding tasks.
Bay window replacement: remove and dispose of existing window and replace with a bay window; include costs for miscellaneous material, equipment, and waste.
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Wood window set: pre-finished pine wood, 97" wide x 54" tall; fixed center glass, 2 opening flankers; 7/8" insulating glass and 2 screens; all trim, sealing, hardware and the asphalt shingle bay-roof section.||$2,253||each||1||$2,253|
|Upgrade: additional cost to install copper roofing in place of standard asphalt shingles on bay-roof section; both options include wood framing of new roof section, insulation, hardware, and weatherproofing.||$1,053||each||1||$1,053|
|+ Labor Cost (standard)||$38||per hour||8||$304|
|+ Labor Cost (upgrade)||$38||per hour||4||$152|
Other considerations and costs
- These prices are for service in the immediate area of the provider.
- Taxes and permit fees are not included.
- The bay window extends to the exterior and could obstruct walkways.
- During contractor inspection the homeowner should be informed of any repair concerns like rot, and the cost to adapt the existing structure.
- A project to replace more than 2 windows should enjoy a unit price discount.
- This project is not highly suitable for DIY with precise carpentry and a critical closure deadline.
- Partial DIY of removal and disposal tasks are possible for the prepared DIY.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2015.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Cost to install wood bay windows in my city
Cost to install wood bay windows varies greatly by region. To get free estimates from local contractors, please indicate yours.
Typical cost is about
Prices range from $2,253 (8 foot wide wood bay window - DIY) to $3,762 (8 foot wide wood bay window - upgraded) and also vary depending on your zipcode:
Cost by city
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: