How Much Does It Cost To Install Vinyl Sliding Windows?
Vinyl Sliding Window Costs
Windows that are exterior facing must close against weather and intrusion. The Sliding Window is a horizontal-slide opening design that provides good ventilation passage.
You will find that the cost to install average vinyl sliding windows depends upon material and finish grade, size, structural preparation and special needs, and the labor rate.
In the following table the Labor Cost figure is what the able and prepared DIY persons should expect to save by performing the corresponding tasks.
Sliding window replacement: remove and dispose of existing window, install new window; include all material, equipment, and waste.
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Vinyl window set: 30" wide x 48" tall, no-paint surfaces; insulating and coated glass; including all trim, sealing, hardware, and touch up.||$453||each||1||$453|
|Upgrade: additional cost for a medium-duty fixed exterior awning; aluminum frame, painted panel, gutter front edge.||$231||each||1||$231|
|Remove and dispose: existing window; include transport and non-hazardous dump fees.||$45||per CY||1||$45|
|+ Labor Cost (remove)||$32||per hour||2||$64|
|+ Labor Cost (replace)||$38||per hour||5||$190|
|+ Labor Cost (upgrade)||$38||per hour||3||$114|
Other considerations and costs
- These prices are for service in the immediate area of the provider.
- Taxes and permit fees are not included.
- The sliding window may have one or both panes sliding.
- During contractor inspection the homeowner should be informed of any repair concerns like rot, and the cost to adapt the existing window-opening structure.
- A project to replace more than 2 windows should enjoy a unit price discount.
- There may be local or national subsidy for energy efficiency improvements.
- This project is not highly suitable for DIY with precise carpentry and a critical closure deadline.
- Partial DIY of removal and disposal tasks are possible for the prepared DIY.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2015.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$1,208
- Bronx, NY$993
- Brooklyn, NY$827
- Philadelphia, PA$1,032
- Washington, DC$896
- Atlanta, GA$810
- Miami, FL$737
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$772
- Minneapolis, MN$906
- Chicago, IL$1,055
- Houston, TX$1,088
- San Antonio, TX$731
- Austin, TX$827
- Denver, CO$699
- Phoenix, AZ$737
- Las Vegas, NV$809
- Los Angeles, CA$912
- San Diego, CA$828
- San Jose, CA$1,000
- Seattle, WA$732
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: