How Much Does It Cost To Exterminate Bed Bugs?
Bed Bug Exterminator Costs
Most homeowners wish sincerely to avoid the need for pest control services of any kind and at any time. Whether it is rodents, animals or insects that are pesky, few property owners relish the idea of having to hire experts to come in and address the problems caused by the unwelcome invaders. Unfortunately, one of the most common dilemmas facing people in all parts of the world is the pest known as the bed bug.
They can be picked up almost anywhere, travel home with you, and flourish in everything from bedding and furniture to your clothing and even dustier corners of a home. They require an intense level of attention to eliminate, and are proving to be one of the worst challenges in animal and pest control.
Bed bug extermination: by space needing treatment, heat treatment.
|Apartment||$2 per sq.f.||450||$900|
|2-3 bedroom home||$2 per sq.f.||725||$1,500|
|Entire house: basement to attic using a special heat treatment.||$2 per sq.f.||2,000||$4,000|
Bed bug extermination: by type of treatment.
|Heat||$2 per sq.f.|
|Fumigation||$6 per sq.ft.|
|Chemical||$300 per room|
|Steam||$625 per room|
Other considerations and costs
- Many cost estimates only include the initial treatment.
- If an exterminator finds any major structural repairs or other problems while taking care of the problem, you may end up spending a lot of money fixing the damage.
- When you get an estimate, make sure that you know what it includes and that there are no hidden charges.
- If a problem is so severe that you have to leave your home during treatment, you may also have to pay for a hotel stay or a short-term rental property. A good idea is to schedule regular pest inspections for a proactive approach so that this never happens.
- Extermination of any pest is risky if done on a DIY basis.
- Don’t use loose poison in any case. Most pest poisons are also toxic to humans.
- In the matter of the battle against the bed bug, it is wisest to call out the big guns (the professionals) and have them help you eliminate these annoying pests.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$3,936
- Bronx, NY$3,234
- Brooklyn, NY$2,695
- Philadelphia, PA$3,363
- Washington, DC$2,918
- Atlanta, GA$2,640
- Miami, FL$2,401
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$2,515
- Minneapolis, MN$2,950
- Chicago, IL$3,438
- Houston, TX$3,546
- San Antonio, TX$2,380
- Austin, TX$2,695
- Denver, CO$2,277
- Phoenix, AZ$2,402
- Las Vegas, NV$2,637
- Los Angeles, CA$2,971
- San Diego, CA$2,696
- San Jose, CA$3,257
- Seattle, WA$2,384
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: