How Much Does It Cost To Hire A Termite Extermitation Service?
Termite Exterminator Costs
Termites are some of the most stubborn pests to get rid of. They are also among the most damaging to the physical structure of your home. That said, a termite exterminator is likely going to cost significantly more than most pest extermination and control services. You will typically need to pay for a termite inspection to determine the scope of the issue before any work is done.
Other costs involved in termite extermination include any insecticides, traps, or baits used, cleanup and damage repair, and preventive measures to protect your home against future reinfestation. The size and scope of your infestation are going to have the biggest impact on price, as well as the types of termites that need to be removed.
Termite extermination: by removal method, including inspection and warranty.
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Termite inspection||$50-$200 per inspection||1||$50-$200|
|Insecticide: liquid.||$3-$6 per sq.ft.||1,200||$3,600-$7,200|
|Bait stations: set of 10.||$400-$500||1||$400-$500|
|Heat treatment||$1-$1.50 per sq.ft.||1,200||$1,200-$1,800|
|Fumigation: tenting.||$2 per sq.ft.||1,200||$2,400|
|Warranty: 1-year, transferable and renewable.||$100-$125 per unit||1||$100-$125|
|Total Cost||$0.45-$6.27 per sq.ft.||1,200||$550-$7,525|
Other considerations and costs
- Different types of termites may require a specific type of extermination or exclusion. Be sure to consult with your exterminator to determine the right treatment.
- Extensive infestations can cost up to five times a standard extermination service would cost, and may also involve additional expenses for repairs to damages caused by termites.
- If you prefer to treat the issue without chemicals, heat treatment offers an effective solution. You only need to be out of the home for a few hours and there will be no risk of toxic fumes left behind.
- Some infestations require combination treatments, so you may pay for more than one type of extermination method or product.
- Labor costs for extermination procedures are included in the company’s cost of treatment.
- To prevent termites in the future, a maintenance plan can be purchased from most pest control services for less than $500.
- Getting rid of termites is one of the most difficult pest removal services. Although there are products on the market to assist in DIY termite removal, this is a process best left to the pros.
- Depending on the extent of termite damage, you may handle small repairs on your own once the extermination is complete. If you have basic handy skills, this is an option to consider to save money. If structural integrity repairs are in order, always rely on a professional.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$6,425
- Bronx, NY$5,280
- Brooklyn, NY$4,401
- Philadelphia, PA$5,490
- Washington, DC$4,764
- Atlanta, GA$4,310
- Miami, FL$3,920
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$4,106
- Minneapolis, MN$4,817
- Chicago, IL$5,612
- Houston, TX$5,789
- San Antonio, TX$3,886
- Austin, TX$4,400
- Denver, CO$3,718
- Phoenix, AZ$3,922
- Las Vegas, NV$4,305
- Los Angeles, CA$4,851
- San Diego, CA$4,402
- San Jose, CA$5,317
- Seattle, WA$3,893
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: