How Much Does It Cost To Hire A Mouse Exterminator?
Mice might be cute, but they can wreak havoc on your home. Not only do these creatures carry diseases, but they can get into your walls, attics, crawl spaces, and other areas and cause a lot of destruction. Their droppings, urine odors, and other diseases can be spread to food products in the kitchen if left untreated, which is unsanitary and really unsafe for your family.
Rodents can even damage electrical wires in the home by chewing them, which could end up costing you thousands of dollars in electrical wiring repair. While store-bought traps and poisons might seem like an effective option, it is almost always best to hire professionals for a serious infestation. They will know how to find the nest and eliminate the cause of the issue, rather than just killing the mice that are visible.
Mouse extermination has a few different costs involved. You will pay for the initial extermination visit, any subsequent visits required, and preventative measures to stave off reinfestation. Some exterminators will provide free inspections to homeowners. If this is not an option, you can expect to pay a little more for the initial visit.
Mouse extermination: single or multiple visits with inspection, diagnosis, trapping, and preventive measures.
|Inspection and initial visit||$100|
|Initial visit- free inspection||$90|
|Subsequent visits||$90-$120 each|
|Traps, bait, or poison||$8-$100|
Other considerations and costs
- Damage repair can cost a few hundred to a few thousand dollars, depending on how much damage the mice did before you got the situation under control.
- Some exterminators offer contracts for mouse extermination, which is often more affordable than paying by the visit. Many contracts start around $300, so those with serious infestations should consider this option for maximum cost savings.
- If you have to hire an electrician or plumber to repair or replace any damage done to your electrical or plumbing systems, that will be at an additional cost. Plumbers average $55 per hour for labor, while electricians usually charge about $75 per hour.
- You can work on prevention at home without spending much money. Keep food areas clean with food properly sealed and sweep up crumbs regularly, and you won’t give the mice any reason to keep coming around.
- You may be able to control or eliminate minor issues or part of a larger problem with DIY traps and control systems that you can find at your local home improvement store.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$562
- Bronx, NY$462
- Brooklyn, NY$385
- Philadelphia, PA$480
- Washington, DC$417
- Atlanta, GA$377
- Miami, FL$343
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$359
- Minneapolis, MN$421
- Chicago, IL$491
- Houston, TX$507
- San Antonio, TX$340
- Austin, TX$385
- Denver, CO$325
- Phoenix, AZ$343
- Las Vegas, NV$377
- Los Angeles, CA$424
- San Diego, CA$385
- San Jose, CA$465
- Seattle, WA$341
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: