If you have a wasp nest on your property, you are likely looking for ways that you can have it removed safely and quickly. These insects are more than just annoying. They can pose a danger to people and pets.
Paper wasps, yellow jackets, and other wasps can sometimes become aggressive when going near their nest. Unfortunately, they sometimes nest in places on your property that you can’t afford to avoid, such as the garage, attic, under the eaves, etc. Therefore, having them removed is the best option.
The wasp nest removal cost can vary based on many factors, such as the type of wasp, as well as the size of the nest. When left unchecked, these nests have the potential to get quite large. After the professional does an inspection, they might find that they are dealing with a bigger problem than they had initially anticipated.
Wasp nest removal: inspection and removal.
|Cost of chemicals (sprays and dusts)||Sprays will typically cost between $3 and $20, while dusts are slightly more expensive at $5 to $25.|
|Labor, including chemicals and equipment, as well as nest removal||$300 and up depending on the size of the nest and the difficulty of reaching it|
|Inspection||Typically, professionals will offer free inspections|
Other considerations and costs
- Removal costs will typically include the equipment needs, as well as any chemicals or other materials used.
- Taxes not included in the costs.
- There are DIY methods and sprays that you can buy to remove the wasp nests on your own. However, it does have the potential to be dangerous if not done correctly, and if you do not use the correct gear. Hiring a professional tends to be a more comfortable option.
- Always wear protective clothing and follow the manufacturer’s instructions, as many of the sprays could be dangerous to people and pets.
- If removing the nest on your own, make sure that you keep children and pets away from the are while doing it.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.