If you have old and shoddy weatherstripping, it could be causing some serious problems for you when it comes to the energy efficiency of your home. It could be allowing cold air inside in the winter and hot air inside during the summer months. This means that your heating and cooling costs will be higher than they should be.
In addition, there is a greater chance of insects and pests getting in through the gaps in poor weatherstripping. The average cost for weatherstripping a home is $168. The materials themselves are quite low cost, but the installation costs can be pricy. However, professionals can take care of the job correctly and in less time.
Weatherstripping: several areas of your home including four sliding windows, and three doors using felt material.
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Weatherstripping Materials||Sliding windows kit: $12||4 Sliding windows kits||$48|
|Labor Cost||$150 total||Complete job||$150|
Other considerations and costs
- A wide range of factors can affect just how much it will cost for the weatherstripping of your home including the location that needs weatherstripping, and the types of doors and windows that are in the home.
- The cost of installation and labor can vary based on your geographic location.
- The cost of materials tends to be very low.
- It is possible to take care of the weatherstripping on your own with little worry.
- Make sure that you are choosing the right material based on the type of doors and windows that you have to install it properly.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Websites.