How Much Does It Cost To Install A Waterfall?
Install Waterfall Costs
Water features can enhance any lawn or outdoor space. Installing a waterfall can vary greatly in costs, based on the type and size of the water feature as well as the location, the amount of water required to operate it, and other factors. The complexity of the water fountain or feature will increase the amount of labor required, as well.
When attempting to determine the costs to install a waterfall, you should narrow down your options based on size and type, as much as you can, so that you can get a more accurate idea. Adding enhancements, such as a pond or landscaping, will also incur an additional cost.
Waterfall installation: based on the size and type of waterfall or feature, including labor costs and other expenses.
|Freestanding waterfall: under 30 inches.||$300-$1,000|
|Freestanding waterfall: over 30 inches.||$800-2,500|
|Custom waterfall: under 30 inches.||$5,000-$8,000|
|Custom waterfall: over 30 inches.||$10,000-$18,000|
Other considerations and costs
- More elaborate designs, custom features or materials, and other enhancements can easily drive up the cost of this project to three or four times the average. However, you can also create the perfect custom design when you have a bigger budget to work with.
- You may want to hire a designer to help you design a custom water feature. Not only do they have an eye for design, but they will be able to help you maximize your budget. You could attempt to design your own waterfall or let a landscaper do it, but the results might not be as impressive as if you invest in a designer.
- Waterfall kits are available to help you find a cool design that fits your landscape or space. Instead of investing in a designer, or if you are on a budget, this may be a better option. Of course, you should still pay for professional installation for the best results.
Check out our guide if you need a loan for your home improvement project.
Installing a waterfall requires special expertise in dealing with landscaping and water features. There are some small plug-and-play kits and waterfalls available that you can buy and connect yourself by simply plugging them into an outlet, but if you want anything more than this, you should hire a professional installer to make sure that you get the best results.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$14,457
- Bronx, NY$11,880
- Brooklyn, NY$9,901
- Philadelphia, PA$12,352
- Washington, DC$10,719
- Atlanta, GA$9,698
- Miami, FL$8,820
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$9,239
- Minneapolis, MN$10,839
- Chicago, IL$12,628
- Houston, TX$13,025
- San Antonio, TX$8,743
- Austin, TX$9,900
- Denver, CO$8,365
- Phoenix, AZ$8,825
- Las Vegas, NV$9,686
- Los Angeles, CA$10,914
- San Diego, CA$9,904
- San Jose, CA$11,963
- Seattle, WA$8,758
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: