How Much Does It Cost To Hire A Wall Cleaning Service?
Wall Cleaning Service Costs
A professional wall cleaning service can go a long way in making your home look like new again. It can also remove a lot of odors and stains from your walls and help improve the health and air quality of your home. Over time, even with regular cleaning, dirt and grime can build up on your walls. Hiring professional cleaners is a great way to get rid of it once and for all.
How much you spend on professional wall cleaning will depend on the amount of space that needs to be cleaned, the severity of the stains or buildup, smoke damage, and other factors. The cleaning methods or materials used will also affect the cost that you pay for wall cleaning.
Wall cleaning service: by size, labor and cleaning supplies included.
|900 square feet||$540|
|1,200 square feet||$720|
|1,500 square feet||$900|
|2,000 square feet||$1,200|
|Room Rate (for companies that charge by the room instead of hourly)||$75/room|
|Additional labor for soot, grease, nicotine, or mildew residue removal||$10-$15 on top of base labor rate|
|Mold Removal||$140/100 square feet|
|Environmentally-friendly Cleaning Fee (optional)||$65|
Other considerations and costs
- Make sure that you get an in-person estimate for wall cleaning services so that they can’t come up with any surprise charges once they do come into your home and see what needs to be cleaned. Have them put it in writing, as well, so that you don’t have to debate about what was agreed upon.
- Some cleaning services will move furniture and include that in their service costs. Others may charge a premium fee for moving any large furniture out of the way to clean the walls in your home. Make sure that you know whether or not you’re being charged for this, and how much.
- Because of grease buildup, kitchen walls often present more difficulty when it comes to cleaning, even for professionals. Therefore, you should expect to pay a little extra for the kitchen walls to be cleaned in your home.
- Water or smoke damage needs to be cleaned by certified restoration specialists. This may cost more than standard cleaning services, but it is the only way to get adequate soot, mold, and other damage removal that will make your home safe and habitable again. If you have an instance like this, check with your home insurance because they may cover the cost if the damage is related to an incident that you are insured against.
There are plenty of DIY cleaning products and home cleaning methods to wash walls, but they may not be as effective as a professional job. Still, if you need to clean your walls on a budget, you can often do it yourself and only pay for the cleaning supplies that you need.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$867
- Bronx, NY$713
- Brooklyn, NY$594
- Philadelphia, PA$741
- Washington, DC$643
- Atlanta, GA$582
- Miami, FL$529
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$554
- Minneapolis, MN$650
- Chicago, IL$758
- Houston, TX$782
- San Antonio, TX$525
- Austin, TX$594
- Denver, CO$502
- Phoenix, AZ$530
- Las Vegas, NV$581
- Los Angeles, CA$655
- San Diego, CA$594
- San Jose, CA$718
- Seattle, WA$525
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: