Installing a brick wall may be part of a larger structure or may stand alone as a property border to keep out strays and prying eyes, and keep in your own loved ones and valuables.
How much does it cost to install a brick wall?
You will find that the cost to install an average brick wall depends upon the length and height of the wall, the evenness and accessibility of the property, the material used and its reinforcing measures, and the labor rate.
In the following table the Labor Cost figures are what the able DIY person should expect to save by performing the complete installation.
Brick wall: built as a perimeter fence, 350 feet of 6' tall brick wall (2100 sq.ft.)
|Item||Unit Cost||Line Cost||Total|
|Brick wall: standard wall assembly 6.55 bricks/sq.ft. and 3/8 mortar joint; including waste and misc. material. 410 hour task.||$4.99||per sq. ft.||2250||$11,228|
|Footing: 18" wide x 8" deep with #4 reinforcing bar steel including waste and misc. material. 18 hour task.||$3.65||per foot||380||$1,387|
|Equipment: footing trencher and power cement mixer; including transport and fuel.||$0.96||per foot||350||$336|
|Equipment and Material Cost||$37||per foot||350||$12,951|
|+ Labor Cost (brick)||$40||per hour||410||$16,400|
|+ Labor Cost (concrete)||$34||per hour||18||$612|
|Total Cost||$86||per foot||350||$29,963|
Additional considerations and costs
- Taxes and permit fees are not included.
- Be certain of property line location and local regulations regarding fence installation setback, and regarding concrete footing requirements.
- This example assumes perfectly even terrain; uneven terrain will increase the price.
- The brick work may not be suitable for DIY.
- Partial DIY regarding the concrete work may be suitable for able DIY persons.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2015.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.