Block Wall Costs
In this guide, we take a look at the average cost of hiring professionals to install a concrete block wall as a perimeter fence, 350 feet x 6' tall block (2100 sq.ft. wall area).
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Block wall: concrete blocks are assembled into a wall with mortar, reinforcing steel, and 2" thick cap; including waste and misc. material.||$3.57||per sq. ft.||2,250||$8,036|
|Footing with #4 reinforcing bar steel including waste and misc. material.||$3.65||per foot||380||$1,387|
|Equipment: footing trencher and power cement mixer; including transport and fuel.||$0.96||per foot||350||$336|
|Labor: 285 hours to install the block wall and 18 hours to install the footing.||$34||per hour||303||$10,302|
350 feet x 6' tall block
Get local costs
Other considerations and costs
- Taxes and permit fees are not included.
- Concrete blocks are 16" long x 8" tall x 6" wide and the footing is 18" wide x 8" deep.
- Be certain of property line location and local regulations regarding fence installation setback, and regarding concrete footing requirements.
- This example assumes perfectly even terrain; uneven terrain will increase the price.
- The concrete and block work may not be suitable for DIY.
- Partial DIY may be suitable for able DIY persons, saving that labor cost.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2015.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Cost to install a concrete block wall in my city
Cost to install a concrete block wall varies greatly by region. To get free estimates from local contractors, please indicate yours.
Typical cost is about
Prices ranges from $31 per foot (350 feet long x 6 feet tall block wall - DIY) to $63 per foot (350 feet long x 6 feet tall block wall) and also varies depending on your zipcode:
Cost by city
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: