How Much Does It Cost To Install Video Surveillance Cameras?
Video Surveillance Cameras Installation Costs
The advent of smart home technologies has made it easier than ever to keep an eye on just what is going on inside of your home. It can ensure children, pets, and possessions are safe. A video surveillance camera installation can enable you to visit every room in your home, and may even be something you can do through a wireless device such as your phone, laptop, or tablet.
Is it the same as a home security system? No. It can have all of the same features, but it is only surveillance that allows for the broadest range of functions and features. The cameras on security systems are rarely of the same clarity and definition, and most do not have the option for controls and features that premium surveillance cameras allow. They also provide a greater field of view and may even allow remote panning and other controls. It is beneficial to have this option as it will enable you to remotely use the camera and also follow someone through the room or house.
With so many features and options, it may seem difficult to gauge the average costs for a video surveillance installation. The good news is that it is not all that difficult to determine. It is because most owners need only choose between wired and wireless systems, and then select the best location for the components.
Video Surveillance Cameras Installation: 4 cameras.
|Wired system materials||$150-$200/camera|
|Wireless materials||$240/four-camera system|
|Labor for additional steps||$75-$100/hour|
|Wired System Total Costs||$1,075-$1,900|
|Wireless System Total Costs||$340-$500|
Other considerations and costs
- There are many other factors to consider, including audio feeds from cameras with built-in microphones, which bump up camera costs by at least $30 each, lighting apps, and so on.
- Licensed contractors are going to provide insurance coverage for installs, which is a significant benefit.
- Wired systems are impossible to hack, and the extra costs associated with this type of video surveillance camera installation may be of great benefit.
- Monitoring through a contracted firm is an option and enables the surveillance also to have security functions.
- Avid DIY enthusiasts can handle installation on their own. However, with wireless systems and risks for choosing the wrong locations for cameras, it is best to work with skilled contractors on a wired install.
- While many DIY kits and systems experienced owners can install, but it is the more high-tech and complicated systems that offer the best advantages. They will enable advanced monitoring and a long list of features that the lower-priced DIY kits cannot. audio feeds.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$675
- Bronx, NY$554
- Brooklyn, NY$462
- Philadelphia, PA$576
- Washington, DC$500
- Atlanta, GA$453
- Miami, FL$412
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$431
- Minneapolis, MN$506
- Chicago, IL$589
- Houston, TX$608
- San Antonio, TX$408
- Austin, TX$462
- Denver, CO$390
- Phoenix, AZ$412
- Las Vegas, NV$452
- Los Angeles, CA$509
- San Diego, CA$462
- San Jose, CA$558
- Seattle, WA$409
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: