A tin roof can be a good option for many different types of buildings. Whether you need to add a new roof to your home, you are adding a roof to the garage, or a shed, barn, or outbuilding, tin has a lot of benefits.
They are durable and can provide you with quality roofing for decades before needing replacements. Tin roofs can work well with different styles of buildings and can fit in well in most neighborhoods. You will also find that these types of roofs tend to be energy efficient and can help to keep homes cooler.
When you are choosing to install a tin roof or any roof for that matter, you can start to get a better idea of the cost by first knowing how much square footage you will have to cover. This will let you have a much better idea of how much your materials will end up costing.
Tin roof installation: 2,000 square feet.
|Tin roofing: all materials, hardware, and related supplies||$6-$12 per square foot||$12,000-$24,000|
|Labor Cost||$45 per square foot||$9,000|
Other considerations and costs
- The cost could increase based on various factors.
- Taxes and permits not included in the pricing.
- When choosing a professional roofer to take care of the installation of your tin roof, make sure that you choose a company with a good reputation. Also, be sure they have experience working with your type of property.
- DIY is possible with tin roof installation, but having a professional with working knowledge, as well as safety equipment is often the better option. They can install faster and easier than an amateur.
- Always check the local building codes when installing a tin roof to make sure it is possible in your area for your building.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.