How Much Does It Cost To Repair A Tile Roof?
Tile Roof Repair Costs
Tile roofs look great, but just like other roofs, there may come a time when some of those tiles need repair. Damage could occur from a range of different sources. Wind, debris falling onto the roof, freezing weather, and even the heat of the sun could eventually cause damage.
Damage to these types of roofs is often limited to individual tiles. This means that you will not have to replace all of the tiles on the roof in most cases. Only those that are damaged will likely need replacement, but it is often best to check with a professional that will be able to let you know the full extent of the damage.
In some cases, the repair might not even require new tiles. The current tiles could be repaired instead. When the tiles are damaged, it has the potential to cause leaks, which can, in turn, generate greater damage to the roof. Leaks can also end up causing water damage inside of the building, which can be costly to repair.
Many factors can affect the cost, such as the number of tiles that need to be replaced or repaired and the type of material from which those tiles are made. Options include concrete, lightweight concrete, metal, and clay.
Tile roof repair: based on tile type, 300 sq.ft repair.
|Spanish tiles||$2-$5 per sq.ft.||$600-$1,500|
|French tiles||$3-$4 per sq.ft.||$900-$1,200|
|Concrete||$5-$10 per sq.ft.||$1,500-$3,000|
|Clay||$5-$10 per sq.ft.||$1,500-$3,000|
|Terracotta||$7-$15 per sq.ft.||$2,100-$3,000|
|Tile Repair Cost||$8 per sq.ft.||$2,400|
|Cleanup and debris removal/disposal||$50-$150||$50-$150|
|Total Cost||$8-$9 per sq.ft.||$2,450-$2,550|
Other considerations and costs
- New tiles are more expensive than tile repairs, but sometimes new tiles are the best option.
- The cost of labor will depend on the extent of the damage and work.
- Remember to consider the cost of cleanup and removal of any old tiles and materials.
- When not taken care of properly, further damage to the roof and the contents inside of the home is likely.
- Taxes and permit fees not included.
Check out our guide if you need a loan for your home improvement project.
- Basic repairs, such as removing and replacing a couple of damaged tiles is possible. If the roof requires a significant renovation, it is always best to choose a professional to take care of the work.
- Make sure any replacement tiles are the same tiles.
- Always be extremely careful and use safety equipment when you are working on a roof.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$4,016
- Bronx, NY$3,300
- Brooklyn, NY$2,750
- Philadelphia, PA$3,431
- Washington, DC$2,977
- Atlanta, GA$2,694
- Miami, FL$2,450
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$2,566
- Minneapolis, MN$3,011
- Chicago, IL$3,508
- Houston, TX$3,618
- San Antonio, TX$2,429
- Austin, TX$2,750
- Denver, CO$2,324
- Phoenix, AZ$2,451
- Las Vegas, NV$2,691
- Los Angeles, CA$3,032
- San Diego, CA$2,751
- San Jose, CA$3,323
- Seattle, WA$2,433
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: