How Much Does It Cost To Clean Tile And Grout?
Tile and Grout Cleaning Costs
Tile and grout require regular care and cleaning like any surface. Because of the porous nature of these materials, they can often require a professional deep cleaning that gets out stains, mold and mildew, and age-related buildup. There are a number of tile and grout cleaning methods to consider, and each has its own costs.
Most professional cleaning companies that offer carpet cleaning will also provide dedicated tile and grout cleaning services. The costs of this service are typically calculated by square footage and many companies require a minimum charge. In some instances, you may be quoted a project rate or a discounted job rate by combining services.
Tile and grout cleaning: by type.
|Private tile and grout cleaning services||$1-$3 per sq.ft.|
|Stanley Steemer||$0.75-$1 per sq.ft.|
|Chem-Dry||$1-$3 per sq.ft.|
|Professional power washing service||$0.10-$0.85 per sq.ft.|
Tile and grout cleaning: 20 sq.ft., materials and labor cost included.
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Grout scrubbing/sanitizing||$2 per sq.ft.||20||$40|
|Tile cleaning and stain removal||$1-3 per sq.ft.||20||$20-$60|
|Sealing||$1 per sq.ft.||20||$20|
|Total Cost||$4-$6 per sq.ft.||20||$80-$120|
Other considerations and costs
- The location of the tile that needs to be cleaned will affect the cost. High-traffic floor tiles and kitchen tiles that are prone to grease buildup will be the most expensive to have professionally cleaned.
- Some cleaning jobs are simple enough for a pressure washing, but this should be done by someone familiar with tile and grout cleaning. It can save a lot of money compared to hiring tile and grout cleaners.
- Your cleaner should include a protective finish with the cleaning to keep future buildup and dirt to a minimum and protect your tile for longer. Be sure to ask about this, as well as any potential guarantees or warranties.
- Tile and grout cleaning is a fairly simple DIY task provided that there is no stubborn staining to remove. The tools involved are minimal and simple cleaning solutions are available at local home improvement stores.
- If you are cleaning a large area of tile or want to avoid harsh chemicals, consider renting a pressure washer, which costs less than $100 at most local home improvement stores for a quick job like tile cleaning.
- If you have delicate tiles or a lot of detail work, make sure that you are careful in your cleaning methods. The cost to repair tile and grout is a lot higher than the cost to have it professionally cleaned.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$161
- Bronx, NY$132
- Brooklyn, NY$110
- Philadelphia, PA$137
- Washington, DC$119
- Atlanta, GA$108
- Miami, FL$98
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$103
- Minneapolis, MN$120
- Chicago, IL$140
- Houston, TX$145
- San Antonio, TX$97
- Austin, TX$110
- Denver, CO$93
- Phoenix, AZ$98
- Las Vegas, NV$108
- Los Angeles, CA$121
- San Diego, CA$110
- San Jose, CA$133
- Seattle, WA$97
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: