How Much Does It Cost To Resurface A Tennis Court?
Tennis Court Resurfacing Costs
Having a tennis court allows you to go out and play a game whenever you want without needing to visit a club and wait for a court to be open. Many people like the idea of having a tennis court, so they’ve installed them on their own property. While the courts can last for many years, they will eventually need to be resurfaced, so they continue to look great.
Over time, you might find that the color on the tennis court starts to fade. In addition, cracks could develop on the surface. They could even prove to be dangerous, as they can become a trip and fall hazard. You will want to keep an eye on the condition of your tennis court and then have it resurfaced when there are issues. Most of the time, they will need to be resurfaced every four to six years, but it can vary based on environmental conditions and other factors.
Tennis court resurfacing: asphalt court, one single color, repair of minor cracks.
|Resurfacing and coloring||$4,000|
Other considerations and costs
- Repainting the court should occur every couple of years to keep the colors fresh, even when the rest of the court is in good condition.
- When you are choosing a contractor, you should make sure that you are using only those that have experience with tennis courts and/or basketball courts.
- The size of the tennis court and the severity of repairs needed will affect the cost of the resurfacing.
Check out our guide if you need a loan for your home improvement project.
- DIY is not recommended for tennis court resurfacing. It requires the knowledge of how to repair cracks in asphalt, as well as special tools and equipment.
- You can perform maintenance on the court and regularly inspect it for issues that will need to be addressed. Do not use pressure washers on the court, as they could cause damage.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Websites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$9,638
- Bronx, NY$7,920
- Brooklyn, NY$6,601
- Philadelphia, PA$8,235
- Washington, DC$7,146
- Atlanta, GA$6,465
- Miami, FL$5,880
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$6,159
- Minneapolis, MN$7,226
- Chicago, IL$8,419
- Houston, TX$8,683
- San Antonio, TX$5,829
- Austin, TX$6,600
- Denver, CO$5,577
- Phoenix, AZ$5,884
- Las Vegas, NV$6,458
- Los Angeles, CA$7,276
- San Diego, CA$6,603
- San Jose, CA$7,975
- Seattle, WA$5,839
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: