Would you like to make sure that your swimming pool is a comfortable temperature when you and your family take a swim? Using a swimming pool heater is the best option. There are many different types of heater available for pools today. These include heaters for inground pools, as well as for pools that are above the ground.
Having a heated pool can make swimming a much more pleasant experience. The heater will help you to extend the swimming season in your area, which means more time spent enjoying the outdoors.
When choosing the swimming pool heater, you will have to make sure that you are choosing the right heater for your particular pool. You will want to think about the location of your pool and where the heater will be going. Those who have above ground pools and who want to use solar panels for heating, for example, will need to be sure they have the space available for them.
|Electric resistance heaters||$2,000||1||$500-$1,000|
|Solar panel heaters||
the number of panels needed will vary based on the size of the pool
|Total Cost||Panels cost not included||$7,000-$12,700|
Other considerations and costs
- Keep in mind the differences between the traditional swimming pool heaters and the solar-powered heaters that are for above ground pools. Choose the one that makes the most sense for you.
- Consider the type of pool that you have, as well as the size to ensure that you have the right size heater
- Will you need to add hookups for a swimming pool heater, or do you have preexisting hookups?
DIY considerations and costs
- The installation of many types of swimming pool heaters is relatively simple, and it could be suited for DIY enthusiasts. However, professionals can ensure that it is done faster and that it is done the first time correctly.
- Always follow the manufacturer's instructions and guidelines thoroughly when installing the heater.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.