How Much Does It Cost To Install A Swimming Pool Fence?
Swimming Pool Fence Costs
Installing a swimming pool fence not only makes your property safer, but it keeps your property up to code and reduces your liability for any accidents that occur. A swimming pool fence can be made of a number of materials, although chainlink and mesh are popular choices.
The cost of swimming pool fence installation will vary significantly, depending on the length of fence required, the materials chosen, and how many gates are needed. Any difficult angles or grading may also impact the cost of installation and the required materials to complete the job.
Swimming pool fence installation: by material type, 50 linear foot, labor included in the material cost.
|Material||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Chain-link||$10-$50 per linear foot||50||$500-$2,500|
|Mesh||$15-$25 per linear foot||50||$750-$1,250|
|Vinyl||$22-$100 per linear foot||50||$1,110-$5,000|
|Wood||$10-$75 per linear foot||50||$500-$3,750|
|Aluminum: ornamental wrought iron style||$30-$100 per linear foot||50||$1,500-$5,000|
|Plexiglass||$40-$100 per linear foot||50||$2,000-$5,000|
|Glass||$70-$200 per linear foot||50||$3,500-$10,000|
Other considerations and costs
- In order to install appropriate fencing, be aware of the city and other requirements for protective swimming pool fences. There may be height or material requirements, as well as locking gate requirements.
- Taxes and permit fees are not included in this estimate. Fence installation of any kind typically requires a permit from your local authority.
- A temporary fence may be installed while planning for or awaiting the installation of the permanent structure. This may incur an additional cost so be sure to get the details of your estimate.
- If any additional site prep, such as concrete demolition, is required, that will incur an additional charge.
- Mesh is one of the safest and most affordable options, as it doesn’t allow for shattering, provides a clear view, and isn’t easily accessible for climbing.
- Premium custom swimming pool fences can be designed with any material or combination of materials and can cost upwards of five times as much as a standard pool fence.
- Gates and other breaks in fencing are usually priced on a separate basis from the fencing material, on a per-item basis. Be sure that these are included in your estimate.
Check out our guide if you need a loan for your home improvement project.
- If you are handy and feel safe working with concrete (for post holes), fencing can be a DIY project. However, with the cost of equipment rental and the amount of labor involved, it may be worth the investment to pay a professional to install your swimming pool fence.
- You can provide your own materials to assist in reducing the costs of your fence installation.
- You may be able to install certain pool fences that do not require anchoring without a professional fence installer. Consider the safety and value of these fences if you want to save money on the labor costs.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$1,606
- Bronx, NY$1,320
- Brooklyn, NY$1,100
- Philadelphia, PA$1,372
- Washington, DC$1,191
- Atlanta, GA$1,078
- Miami, FL$980
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$1,027
- Minneapolis, MN$1,204
- Chicago, IL$1,403
- Houston, TX$1,447
- San Antonio, TX$971
- Austin, TX$1,100
- Denver, CO$929
- Phoenix, AZ$981
- Las Vegas, NV$1,076
- Los Angeles, CA$1,213
- San Diego, CA$1,100
- San Jose, CA$1,329
- Seattle, WA$973
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: