How Much Does It Cost To Repair Stucco Siding?
Repair Stucco Siding Costs
Stucco siding repair has a variety of factors involved in the process. These factors are also going to affect the cost that you pay for Stucco repairs, including how much of an area needs to be repaired and how severe the repair or restoration work is. Stucco is a unique material that requires a skilled hand, but it can provide a beautiful finish on any home.
If you are in the market for stucco siding repair, you will also need to consider who is doing the work. Companies that have experience with siding repair, and specifically with stucco repair, are going to be your best option. Not only will their efforts restore the look and curb appeal of your home, but it will protect your investment in your home.
Stucco siding repair: fixing cracked stucco on a 1,500 sq.ft. house.
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Inspection with moisture readings||$300-$500 per inspection||1||$300-$500|
|Stucco mix: one bag will fix approximately 2-3 small to medium-sized cracks.||$9 per bag||15||$135|
|Other materials: finishing material, optional vapor barrier, and metal lath.||$50-$100 per project||1||$50-$100|
|Labor Cost||$40-$50 per hour||4-8||$160-$400|
|Total Cost||$64.5-$113.50 per crack||10||$645-$1,135|
Other considerations and costs
- Traditional stucco is made from a powder mix. There is also synthetic stucco made from acrylic materials available, which has a premium cost but a wider selection of colors and finishes. This will cost about five times what traditional stucco runs.
- There is no actual painting involved. If you need color mixed in, it will be added to the final coat and mixed in for a near-perfect color match. If you do decide to repaint your entire home, you can expect to spend an extra few hundred dollars.
- A contractor should come to your home to provide you with an accurate estimate of how much material will be needed for the job based on the damage present and the size of the cracks that need to be filled. For reference, you’ll need 15-20 bags of stucco mix to fix 10-15 cracks of medium size.
- Complex exterior structures or architectural details can add a premium cost to your labor because of the added time required.
- Stucco repairs may be a DIY project for those who have basic handy skills and some experience with home improvements. Stucco is a unique material, however, so it is not something that everyone can do.
- Check your local home improvement stores for better prices on stucco materials and related items. You may be able to save money by providing your own rather than letting the contractor bring them to the job.
- If you do your own repairs and want to paint afterward, make sure that you allow the repairs to set completely before painting.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$1,430
- Bronx, NY$1,175
- Brooklyn, NY$979
- Philadelphia, PA$1,222
- Washington, DC$1,060
- Atlanta, GA$959
- Miami, FL$872
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$914
- Minneapolis, MN$1,072
- Chicago, IL$1,249
- Houston, TX$1,288
- San Antonio, TX$865
- Austin, TX$979
- Denver, CO$827
- Phoenix, AZ$873
- Las Vegas, NV$958
- Los Angeles, CA$1,079
- San Diego, CA$979
- San Jose, CA$1,183
- Seattle, WA$866
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: