How Much Does It Cost To Install Stucco Siding?
Stucco Siding Installation Costs
Stucco siding is very versatile, and it can have a range of textures and appearances. It also tends to be very durable, which is one of the reasons for it being such a popular siding option. The cost tends to low, as well, which is helpful for those who want quality, affordable siding. Thanks to the thickness of stucco, it also works well as added insulation for the home and can even cut down on noise transmission.
When choosing the type of stucco, you will also want to know how many coats it will take. Many of the options on the market will require three coats, but you can also find one-coat stucco siding. The one-coat option tends to be more expensive, but it also tends to be less labor-intensive.
Stucco siding installation: 2,000 sq.ft., various stucco installation methods, including materials and costs.
|Three-coat stucco installation||$3 per square foot||$6 per square foot||$18,000|
|Single-coat stucco installation||$2 per square foot||$4 per square foot||$12,000|
|Exterior Installation and Finish System (EIFS)||$4 per square foot||$10 per square foot||$28,000|
Other considerations and costs
- Consider how long it will take to set and dry.
- Consider adding water repellant, which can help to keep the stucco durable and able to stand up to the weather.
- If you have existing siding, it will need to be removed and disposed of, which will add to the time and cost of the installation.
- Taxes and permit fees not included in the cost.
Check out our guide if you need a loan for your home improvement project.
- DIY stucco siding installation is possible, but you want to make sure you understand everything about the process.
- Make sure you have all of the tools you need.
- Learn how to prepare the substrate properly, install reinforcement if a surface is not suitable, apply base coats, and then apply the finish.
- Make sure the weather is warm and suitable for the application before beginning.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$19,276
- Bronx, NY$15,840
- Brooklyn, NY$13,202
- Philadelphia, PA$16,470
- Washington, DC$14,292
- Atlanta, GA$12,930
- Miami, FL$11,760
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$12,319
- Minneapolis, MN$14,451
- Chicago, IL$16,837
- Houston, TX$17,367
- San Antonio, TX$11,658
- Austin, TX$13,200
- Denver, CO$11,153
- Phoenix, AZ$11,767
- Las Vegas, NV$12,915
- Los Angeles, CA$14,552
- San Diego, CA$13,205
- San Jose, CA$15,951
- Seattle, WA$11,678
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: