Concrete Staining Cost
Concrete staining is a common approach to improving the appearance and/or functionality of concrete surfaces like driveways, parking aprons, walls, and floors.
The cost to apply average concrete staining depends upon the area and condition of the surface, the type of stain, special preparation needs, and the labor rate.
In the following table the Labor Cost figure is what the able and prepared DIY persons should expect to save by performing the corresponding tasks.
Concrete staining: 500 sq.ft. concrete slab; prepare surface with sweep, scrub, wash down, and apply sealant. Include transport, material, equipment, and waste.
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Rustic acid-wash stain: dark and marbled appearance.||$0.32||per sq.ft.||525||$170|
|Upgrade: additional cost to apply decorative acrylic sealant: wet look, non-yellowing, solvent based.||$0.28||per sq.ft.||525||$144|
|Material Cost||$0.63||per sq.ft.||500||$314|
|+ Labor Cost (basic)||$36||per hour||20||$720|
|+ Labor Cost (upgraded)||$36||per hour||15||$540|
|Total Cost||$3.15||per sq.ft.||500||$1,574|
Other considerations and costs
- These prices are for service in the immediate area of the provider.
- Taxes and permit fees are not included.
- This project is suitable for DIY requiring no special set of tools or skills.
- The acid-wash nature of the process dictates the use personal protection measures.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2015.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Cost to apply concrete staining in my city
Cost to apply concrete staining varies greatly by region. To get free estimates from local contractors, please indicate yours.
Typical cost is about
Prices range from $170 (500 sq.ft. basic concrete staining - DIY) to $1,575 (500 sq.ft. premium concrete staining - upgraded) and also vary depending on your zipcode:
Cost by city
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: