How Much Does It Cost To Soundproof A Room?
Soundproof Room Costs
Soundproofing a room may be necessary for many reasons. It could be that you a property owner wishes to use a room for premium recording, it could be due to excessive noise outside of the home disrupting the inhabitants inside, and it might be simply to improve the quality of the acoustics inside of the home. Regardless of the reason, however, the project’s costs vary based on an array of factors.
These include whether it is a new build or existing room, the size of the room, the difficulty of the overall project, the quality of the materials chosen and even the skills or experience level of the contractors hired to complete the work. Even the season of the year can have an effect on final prices.
Soundproofing a room: a room that measures 10’x12’, labor included in the material cost.
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Acrilyc for windows||$275 per window||3||$825|
|Acoustic mats||$430-$745 per roll||1||$430-$745|
|Acoustic tiles||$1.66 per sq.ft.||120||$199.20|
Other considerations and costs
- Taxes are not included in the costs indicated above.
- Depending on the size of the room and the number of rooms, the amount of materials you will need is going to vary.
- It is possible to install these different materials on your own, but some of them do require knowledge and skill to install properly, including windows or slabs.
- There are also options like resilient channels to add inside of walls, mass loaded vinyl for floors walls and ceilings, wall hangings, and simpler solutions like wall art and insulating blankets.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$2,570
- Bronx, NY$2,112
- Brooklyn, NY$1,760
- Philadelphia, PA$2,196
- Washington, DC$1,906
- Atlanta, GA$1,724
- Miami, FL$1,568
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$1,643
- Minneapolis, MN$1,927
- Chicago, IL$2,245
- Houston, TX$2,316
- San Antonio, TX$1,554
- Austin, TX$1,760
- Denver, CO$1,487
- Phoenix, AZ$1,569
- Las Vegas, NV$1,722
- Los Angeles, CA$1,940
- San Diego, CA$1,761
- San Jose, CA$2,127
- Seattle, WA$1,557
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: