How Much Does It Cost To Maintain Solar Panels?
Solar Panel Maintenance Costs
Having solar panels can help you to reduce your reliance on the grid. You can have solar panels installed and start saving money on the cost of your energy bill, and you may even find rebates and tax incentives. More and more people are choosing to go solar, which is great. However, it is important to remember that in order for those solar panels to continue working for you, maintenance and cleaning are important.
One of the most important aspects of maintenance is proper cleaning at least twice a year. Over time, they will gather dust and dirt, and the rain will not be able to wash it all away. To ensure that they are operating at their full potential, you will want to have them cleaned. Professionals offer this service and it tends to be relatively cheap.
Solar panel maintenance: maintenance and cleaning on a yearly basis of 15 panels system.
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Cleaning||$175 per cleaning||2||$350|
|Total Cost||$450 per system||1||$450|
Other considerations and costs
- In addition to the basic maintenance that you can do on your own, it is also a good idea to have an inspection of the solar panels at least once a year. The professionals can come to your home and make sure that there are no problems with the solar panels.
- Many different factors can factor into the overall costs of solar panel maintenance. This includes the number and size of solar panels you have, whether the panels are flat or tilted, and where they are located.
- Your geographic location can affect the cost of the maintenance and the inspection.
- When the professionals come to your home to clean or inspect the solar panels, they may notice that the panels need to have repairs of some sort. It’s best to take care of those before they worsen.
- You will be able to take care of the basic maintenance for your solar panels on your own. If an actual repair is needed, it is best to call in the professionals.
- Make sure you check the solar panels regularly to make sure that there is no debris on them that could be blocking sunlight.
- Even if you are cleaning and maintaining the panels, you will still want to have a professional inspection annually.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$723
- Bronx, NY$594
- Brooklyn, NY$495
- Philadelphia, PA$618
- Washington, DC$536
- Atlanta, GA$485
- Miami, FL$441
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$462
- Minneapolis, MN$542
- Chicago, IL$631
- Houston, TX$651
- San Antonio, TX$437
- Austin, TX$495
- Denver, CO$418
- Phoenix, AZ$441
- Las Vegas, NV$484
- Los Angeles, CA$546
- San Diego, CA$495
- San Jose, CA$598
- Seattle, WA$438
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: