How Much Does It Cost To Clean Siding?
Siding Cleaning Costs
If you want your home to look at great as possible, you know how important it is to make sure that the siding is always nice and clean. It helps to present a better overall appearance of the home and it can even help with the curb appeal of the property if you are thinking of selling.
Washing the siding can be done manually, or it could be done with a pressure washer. The pressure washer will be a faster option and it might be needed depending on how dirty the siding is currently.
Siding cleaning: 1,200 sq.ft. of vinyl siding.
|Pressure washing: supplies and equipment||$0.02-$0.03 per sq.ft.||1,200||$25-$36|
|Labor Cost||$0,33-$0,34 per sq.ft.||1,200||$396-$408|
|Total Cost||$0.35-$0.37 per sq.ft.||1,200||$421-$444|
Other considerations and costs
- It is important to remember that the larger the home the more siding it will have, which will increase the overall cost. When you are figuring out how much needs to be washed, remember to include all areas, including siding on the garage.
- Different types of siding materials will require different amounts of pressure to ensure that there is no damage.
- You should typically wash the siding on an annual basis.
- You can take care of the siding cleaning on your own, but it will require that you have certain equipment. You will need to have a pressure washer. This is something that you can rent rather than buy, fortunately.
- If you are going to use the power washer to clean the siding, make sure you follow the instructions for your type of siding, so you do not damage it.
- There is also the matter of how much time it can take to thoroughly was the siding. It can sometimes take up to six to eight hours depending on the size of the house. If you have the time available, then DIY might be the route to go. If you want to save some time, it might be better to hire a professional.
- If you are going to be washing the siding yourself each year, buying a pressure washing machine could be a good investment.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$691
- Bronx, NY$568
- Brooklyn, NY$473
- Philadelphia, PA$590
- Washington, DC$512
- Atlanta, GA$463
- Miami, FL$421
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$441
- Minneapolis, MN$518
- Chicago, IL$603
- Houston, TX$622
- San Antonio, TX$418
- Austin, TX$473
- Denver, CO$400
- Phoenix, AZ$422
- Las Vegas, NV$463
- Los Angeles, CA$521
- San Diego, CA$473
- San Jose, CA$572
- Seattle, WA$418
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: