Security Safe Costs
A security safe provides a space to store and protect valuables against fire and burglary threats.
You will find that the cost to install an average security safe depends upon the size, resistance to fire and burglary, material and finish grade, preparation and special requirements, and the labor rate.
In the following table the Labor Cost figure is what the able and prepared DIY persons should expect to save by performing the corresponding tasks.
Security safe installation: provide a range of residential safe options; include costs for miscellaneous material, equipment, and waste.
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Wall safe (economy): low fire resistance, low burglary resistance; 14" wide x 14" tall x 3.75" deep for common stud wall mounting in new construction.||$138||each||1||$138|
|Upgrade wall safe: additional cost to install in new construction same size fire and burglary resistant unit, with UL approved combination lock, 1/2" steel door.||$521||each||1||$521|
|Upgrade man safe: additional cost to install in new construction a floor mounted fire and burglary resistant unit with interior compartments; 21" wide x 19" deep x 22" tall, with UL approved combination lock, 1/2" steel door.||$6,469||each||1||$6,469|
|+ Labor Cost||$36||per hour||2||$72|
Other considerations and costs
- These prices are for service in the immediate service area of the provider in new construction, and do not include any retrofitting tasks or material.
- Retrofitting a security safe requires special attention and material in mounting.
- Taxes and permit fees are not included.
- This project is somewhat suitable for DIY with skills and tools.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2015.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Cost to install a security safe in my city
Cost to install a security safe varies greatly by region. To get free estimates from local contractors, please indicate yours.
Typical cost is about
Prices range from $138 (economy safe, 14" x 14" x 3.75" deep - DIY) to $7,200 (deluxe security man-safe, 21" x 19" x 22" tall - DIY) and also vary depending on your zipcode:
Cost by city
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: