Residential gutters come in many varieties. Standard gutters are more affordable, but the seams in them can be known to cause leaks, so many homeowners opt for seamless gutter installation.
A typical seamless gutter installation will involve the gutter material, including corner pieces, downspouts, and hangers, plus the cost of labor for the gutter technician. A typical home uses about 140 feet of gutter with four corners and four downspouts. More complex house styles may require additional footage and connecting pieces. Typically, the total cost of installing this system is around $5.88 per square foot for professional installation.
Every 35 feet of gutter requires a downspout, along with a splash block or another means of driving the water away from the foundation. The average home will need between 125 and 200 feet of gutter material. Two-story homes will require longer downspouts. The best way to get an accurate cost before having new seamless gutters installed is to have a professional out to do an on-site estimate.
Based on average estimates, it will take a two-man crew about six hours to install this new gutter system on your home, so you can account for about 12 hours of labor. Based on the standard 140 feet of gutter needed, you can see a breakdown of the project costs below.
Seamless Aluminum Gutter Installation: labor, gutters, downspouts and other materials.
|Gutter (measured to fit), anchors, and hangers||140 feet||$329|
|Corners and outlets||4 pieces||$43|
|Downspout sections||4 pieces||$43|
|Extensions, anchors, and splash blocks for downspout||4 sets||$75|
|Total Material Cost||140 sq. ft. installed||$490|
Other considerations and costs
- Permit fees and taxes are not included. Check with your local city or town for permitting requirements and fees.
- If more or less seamless gutter material is needed, the cost will increase or decrease by the square footage.
- If you have a two-story home, you may need longer downspout sections, which will increase the cost of materials.
- Old gutter removal (if required) costs about 61 cents per square foot.
- Seamless gutter installation is not a DIY project. Ladders, scaffolding, and other equipment are needed that could present safety risks.
- Aluminum does require routine maintenance, including regular painting, and can dent or show wear easily.
- To keep your gutters in the best shape, you should also clean them at least 3 times per year.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Websites.