Asphalt crack repair by filling is a common approach to improving the appearance and/or functionality of damaged asphalt surfaces like driveways.
The cost to apply average asphalt crack repair depends upon the area and condition of the surface and cracks, the type of filler, special preparation needs, and the labor rate.
In the following table the Labor Cost figure is what the able and prepared DIY persons should expect to save by performing the corresponding tasks.
Asphalt crack filling: 500 sq.ft. slab with 100 linear feet of cracks typically 1/2" deep by 1/2" wide. Prepare cracks with sweep, scrub, wash down, and apply filler. Include transport, material, equipment, and waste.
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Crack filler: premium grade vinyl-polymer asphalt filler, natural look, apply from bottle.||$0.56||per foot||110||$62|
|Upgrade colored: additional cost to apply decorative beige colored asphalt surface sealer/filler; low odor.||$0.17||per sq.ft.||525||$87|
|Material Cost||$0.30||per sq.ft.||500||$149|
|+ Labor Cost (basic)||$36||per hour||8||$288|
|+ Labor Cost (upgrade)||$36||per hour||15||$540|
|Total Cost||$1.95||per sq.ft.||500||$977|
Other considerations and costs
- These prices are for service in the immediate area of the provider.
- Taxes and permit fees are not included.
- This project is suitable for DIY requiring no special set of tools or skills.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2015.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.