Sauna Room Costs
Sauna rooms provide a therapeutic environment based primarily on heat. Heat is typically delivered as steam or infrared lighting of carbon heaters.
You will find that the cost of average sauna rooms by type of unit heating, its seating capacity, material grade and finish, preparation and special needs, and the labor rate.
In the following tables the Labor Cost figure is what the able DIY person should expect to save by performing the corresponding tasks.
Sauna room: install a 4 person sauna room in a prepared interior space; include delivery, all material, equipment, and waste.
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Sauna: radiant sauna with 9 carbon heaters, 141 F operation of infrared heaters; solid cedar construction, 6' wide x 6' tall x 3.3' deep; requires 120V-20A electric circuit; includes 7-color light therapy, interior lights and sound system.||$3,220||each||1||$3,220|
|Upgrade steam: additional cost to install traditional steam sauna finished in cedar or redwood; with heater, controls, rubber floor, benches, electrical and venting, etcetera; prebuilt to be installed in 4' x 6' x 7' tall interior framed and insulated space.||$3,122||each||1||$3,122|
|+ Labor Cost (radiant sauna)||$38||per hour||3||$114|
|+ Labor Cost (upgrade steam)||$38||per hour||18||$684|
Other considerations and costs
- Taxes and permit fees are not included.
- Prices are for the immediate service area of the provider.
- During the initial inspection the contractor should inform the homeowner of any and all necessary modification or upgrade on electrical circuits or building structure.
- This project may be suitable for DIY requiring common tools and skills.
- Electrical, plumbing, or ventilating needs may require professional attention.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2015.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Cost to install a sauna room in my city
Cost to install a sauna room varies greatly by region. To get free estimates from local contractors, please indicate yours.
Typical cost is about
Prices range from $3,220 (radiant sauna 4 persons - DIY) to $7,140 (steam sauna 4 persons - upgrade steam) and also vary depending on your zipcode:
Cost by city
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: