How Much Does It Cost To Repair A Roof?
Roof Repair Costs
There are many potential types of problems that can occur with any roof. You might have some missing shingles, you might have a dip in the roof that causes water to pool, or you might have a leak that you need to take care of sooner rather than later. Regardless of the damage to the roof, you need to have roof repair from professionals.
Some of the most common types of problems that require roof repairs include missing shingles and leaking roof flashing. Also, bad pipes, issues with chimney and skylight flashing, and not having an adequate roof pitch can all cause problems, as well.
Because there are so many different issues and problems that could develop on the roof, there are varying prices charged for the repair. It is essential to consider not only the cost of the labor but also all of the parts that will need to be replaced on the roof. There is a vast difference in the costs of re-shingling a rood and doing an entire roof replacement.
Your location, the company you choose for the roof repair, and the quality of the materials used can all affect the price of roof repair, as well. You also have to factor in the size of the roof and how much damage needs to be repaired.
Roof repairs: 300 sq.ft., mid-range materials.
|Type of Roof||Materials and Labor||Total Cost|
|Metal roofing||$1,200 per 100 sq.ft.||$3,600|
|Asphalt shingles||$700 per 100 sq.ft.||$2,100|
|Slate||$1,400 per 100 sq.ft.||$4,200|
|Tile||$1,000 per 100 sq.ft.||$3,000|
|Wood shake||$800 per 100 sq.ft.||$2,400|
|Composite||$500 per 100 sq.ft.||$1,500|
Other considerations and costs
- The longer you wait to have a roof repaired, the worse the problem becomes. Acting sooner rather than later tends to be the best option.
- Roof repairs that are not taken care of have the potential to become dangerous.
- Taxes and permit fees are not included.
Check out our guide if you need a loan for your home improvement project.
- Working on the roof has the potential to be very dangerous, and many roof repair jobs are not suited to DIY.
- You can clean and inspect the roof to look for problems.
- Proper maintenance of the roof often helps to spot issues earlier, which can reduce the expense of repairs.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$5,783
- Bronx, NY$4,752
- Brooklyn, NY$3,961
- Philadelphia, PA$4,941
- Washington, DC$4,287
- Atlanta, GA$3,879
- Miami, FL$3,528
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$3,696
- Minneapolis, MN$4,335
- Chicago, IL$5,051
- Houston, TX$5,210
- San Antonio, TX$3,497
- Austin, TX$3,960
- Denver, CO$3,346
- Phoenix, AZ$3,530
- Las Vegas, NV$3,875
- Los Angeles, CA$4,366
- San Diego, CA$3,962
- San Jose, CA$4,785
- Seattle, WA$3,503
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: