How Much Does It Cost To Reslope For Landscaping?
Reslope for Landscaping Costs
When the term “reslope” is used it can mean a few things. What any property owner should know about that term, though, is very simple – it means that some reshaping of the existing land is intended. Typically, it means that the original or existing slope of a lawn or garden has to be adjusted. Sometimes it is purely esthetic and other times it is to channel water away from the foundation of a building.
Reslope for landscaping: 1,000 sq.ft. yard, by type of slope and degree.
|Deep slope: 0-9 degrees.||$1,800-$5,000|
|Hilly slope: 10-15 degrees.||$1,000-$2,500|
|Shallow slope: 16 degrees or more.||$400-$1,800|
Other considerations and costs
- In some instances, a reslope is not merely an adjustment but a complete removal or excavation of the landscape and this will increase the cost of the project substantially.
- Soil constitution changes the costs of a reslope, and it is the rockiest soils that lead to the highest prices. Redistribution of the stones and soil also adds up and boosts the reslope for landscaping budget, usually around $0.30 per square foot.
- Erosion controls are also part of the costs of any sort of resloping project, and it is meant to ensure that the remaining soils are firmly in place and not likely to be washed away in the future. This can involve the use of landscaping to have roots that hold soil in place. It can also involve masonry structures such as retaining walls. Many add heavy sod and/or mulch. The costs for these amendments can run high, with retaining walls nearing $3,000 to $8,000.
The engineering and knowledge of soil properties is too significant a factor to ignore, and you must also be aware of where any water you have rechanneled is going to end up as this could create a liability with neighboring properties. It is best to just hire experts.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$4,337
- Bronx, NY$3,564
- Brooklyn, NY$2,970
- Philadelphia, PA$3,706
- Washington, DC$3,216
- Atlanta, GA$2,909
- Miami, FL$2,646
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$2,772
- Minneapolis, MN$3,252
- Chicago, IL$3,788
- Houston, TX$3,908
- San Antonio, TX$2,623
- Austin, TX$2,970
- Denver, CO$2,509
- Phoenix, AZ$2,648
- Las Vegas, NV$2,906
- Los Angeles, CA$3,274
- San Diego, CA$2,971
- San Jose, CA$3,589
- Seattle, WA$2,627
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: