How Much Does It Cost To Repair A Refrigerator?
Refrigerator Repair Costs
Your refrigerator is meant to last for many years, but this does not mean that you will never need to have refrigerator repair. There might be a simple fix, such as replacing the light bulb. However, you might notice that your refrigerator is no longer staying as cold as it once did, or that it is not working at all.
If you run into a serious problem with your refrigerator, you will want to make sure that you have it repaired as soon as possible. You do not want the food that you bought to go to waste. Whether the refrigerator isn’t running at all, or if it is running too much, have it checked out.
Refrigerator repair: repair for a unit that has a couple of different problems.
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Coil replacement||$150 each||1||$150|
|Circulation fan replacement||$100 each||1||$100|
|Labor Cost||$75 per hour||1||$75|
|Total Cost||$162.50 per repair||2||$325|
Other considerations and costs
- If you have a refrigerator that is more than 15 years old, it is often better to have it replaced rather than continue to repair it.
- Sometimes, the diagnosis/service fee can be waived or reduced when you choose the same company to perform the repairs.
- The location where you live will affect the costs of labor for the refrigerator repair.
- Check to see if the refrigerator is still under warranty and whether the warranty will cover the repairs you need.
- Making major repairs to a refrigerator is not typically a DIY project. It takes knowledge of how the systems work to ensure that they are fixed properly. Those without experience will often do more harm than good.
- There are simple maintenance procedures that can be done, such as keeping the refrigerator clean, changing the water filter, and cleaning the condenser coils to remove dirt and dust. You could also replace the door seals on your own.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$522
- Bronx, NY$429
- Brooklyn, NY$358
- Philadelphia, PA$446
- Washington, DC$387
- Atlanta, GA$350
- Miami, FL$319
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$334
- Minneapolis, MN$391
- Chicago, IL$456
- Houston, TX$470
- San Antonio, TX$316
- Austin, TX$358
- Denver, CO$302
- Phoenix, AZ$319
- Las Vegas, NV$350
- Los Angeles, CA$394
- San Diego, CA$358
- San Jose, CA$432
- Seattle, WA$316
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: