Do you happen to have a deck in the backyard that has seen some better days? Maybe spring has finally rolled around and you are starting to get the deck ready for better weather so your family and friends can enjoy sitting outside. This often means cleaning the deck with pressure washing, which can help to revitalize the deck by removing all of the dirt and grime that has been accumulating on it. This technique is often utilized before someone stains or paints a deck, as well.
The average cost of pressure washing tends to be relatively cheap, even when solvents are included. Of course, the size of the deck that needs pressure washing is going to determine the overall price.
Deck pressure washing: 300 sq. ft. deck.
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Pressure Washing with solvents||$100||1||$100|
|Water||$1.50 per 1,000 gallons||1,000 gallons||$1.50|
Other considerations and costs
- Taxes are not included with the costs indicated above.
- If you are also going to be adding stain to the deck, then you are going to need to add the price of the stain, as well as painting to the equation.
- The cost of the water will vary by location, but it tends to be negligible.
- It is possible to take care of the pressure washing on your own. Of course, you will still need to rent a pressure washer if you do not have one of your own.
- By taking care of the washing on your own, you will eliminate the labor costs, but it is going to take several hours of your time, just to wash the deck, not including staining, if that is your plan.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.