How Much Does It Cost To Install A Porcelain Tile Countertop ?
Install Porcelain Tile Countertop Costs
Porcelain tile is of the most popular options for new countertops in a kitchen. It has a range of advantages and benefits, with versatility being one of the biggest. There are many different colors and styles available, and you can even find tiles of different sizes to get the unique look you want for your kitchen countertop.
It can work well both indoors and outdoors, so if you want an outdoor kitchen space to match your indoor kitchen, it should be easy. Porcelain is durable and resistant to heat, which makes it a great option for the kitchen where it might come into contact with heat. When you install a porcelain tile countertop, you will also find that it is very low maintenance. Part of this is because it is nonporous. You can keep the countertop looking great for years to come.
Porcelain tile countertop installation: 30 square feet.
|Item||Unit Cost||Quantity||Line Cost|
|Porcelain tiles||$15 per sq.ft.||30||$450|
|Installation materials: grout, tools, etc.||$50 per project||1||$50|
|Material Cost||$16.67 per sq.ft.||30||$500|
|Labor Cost (installation)||$12 per sq.ft.||30||$360|
|Total Cost||$28.67 per sq.ft.||30||$860|
Other considerations and costs
- Depending on where the countertop will go, it might need to have a space for a sink, which will add to the costs.
- A backsplash can be a nice addition, but it will cost hundreds of dollars extra.
- The overall size of the countertop will affect the cost.
- Adding trim will also cause the price to rise.
- DIY porcelain tile countertop installation is possible for those who take the time to understand how to do it properly.
- Cutting porcelain to size is more difficult than cutting other materials.
- Once you determine the square footage you will need to cover, order slightly more porcelain tiles than that number. This ensures that you will have extra in the event you make a mistake.
- Professionals will be able to take care of the installation in less time than most people who choose DIY.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$1,381
- Bronx, NY$1,135
- Brooklyn, NY$946
- Philadelphia, PA$1,180
- Washington, DC$1,024
- Atlanta, GA$927
- Miami, FL$843
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$883
- Minneapolis, MN$1,036
- Chicago, IL$1,207
- Houston, TX$1,245
- San Antonio, TX$835
- Austin, TX$946
- Denver, CO$799
- Phoenix, AZ$843
- Las Vegas, NV$926
- Los Angeles, CA$1,043
- San Diego, CA$946
- San Jose, CA$1,143
- Seattle, WA$837
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: