How Much Does It Cost To Remodel The Pool?
Pool Remodeling Costs
Pool remodeling costs will vary substantially based on the type and the amount of work that needs to be done, as well as the location where the work is taking place. The type and the size of the pool can affect the cost, too.
When you remodel and upgrade the pool, it will not only add to the aesthetics of the property, but it can help to ensure the pool is operating optimally. Most of the time, you will only need to remodel the pool every 15 years or so, but there may be times when you want to have a renovation earlier. For example, you might want to improve the plumbing and get a new pump, or you might want to add lights around the pool.
Pool remodeling: 12’x24’ existing pool.
|Retiling the pool||$13.50 per sq.ft.||288||$4,464|
|Replacing the chlorination system||$2,000 each||1||$2,200|
Adding pool lights
|Labor Cost||$4 per sq.ft.||288||$1,152|
Other considerations and costs
- The current overall condition of the pool and the amount of work that needs to be done will increase the cost of the repairs.
- Materials chosen for the pool will affect the cost, as well. For example, tile, fiberglass, plaster, and aggregate all have various costs.
- In some cases, you might need to have a permit to remodel the pool. You will want to check with the local laws to see if one is needed for the type of remodel you are doing.
- Adding solar heaters, waterfalls, fencing, and other items will also add to the overall cost.
Check out our guide if you need a loan for your home improvement project.
- Because you want the pool not only to look good but also to be functional, DIY is not always the best solution for pool remodeling. Hiring professionals can help to get the job done faster and to make sure it is done right. This is especially true with plumbing and electrical work for those who want lights.
- Some DIY is still possible. For example, removing old tiles before the remodelers come can help to reduce the amount of work they have to do, which can lower the cost.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$13,519
- Bronx, NY$11,109
- Brooklyn, NY$9,259
- Philadelphia, PA$11,551
- Washington, DC$10,023
- Atlanta, GA$9,068
- Miami, FL$8,248
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$8,640
- Minneapolis, MN$10,135
- Chicago, IL$11,809
- Houston, TX$12,180
- San Antonio, TX$8,176
- Austin, TX$9,258
- Denver, CO$7,822
- Phoenix, AZ$8,253
- Las Vegas, NV$9,058
- Los Angeles, CA$10,206
- San Diego, CA$9,261
- San Jose, CA$11,187
- Seattle, WA$8,190
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: