How Much Does It Cost To Build A Playground?
Build Playground Costs
You love your children and you want them to be happy and healthy. You also want to make sure that they are getting outside and getting plenty of exercise. One of the best ways to do this is to build a playground in the backyard. There are many different types of playground equipment that could be bought and assembled depending on the space you have and the age of the children.
A playground in the backyard can help to produce some wonderful memories that the children and you will cherish. There are many different types of options when you build a playground. There are wooden playground structures, as well as those made from plastic and metal. Costs can vary based on the size of the structure, as well.
|Prefab playground equipment: swings, slide, jungle gym, and a clubhouse)||$1,350|
Other considerations and costs
- When you want to build a playground in the backyard, one of the most important things to do is make a plan. You need to know what the kids like when it comes to various types of playground equipment.
- It can get easy to become carried away when you are building a playground. Make sure that you factor in the size of all of the equipment and make sure you have the space for it.
- When you are building structures, even playgrounds, you are likely going to need to have permits.
- Site preparation is essential. This will include having a flat surface, determining the area where the equipment will go, and adding the foundation.
- There are many DIY options for those who want to create a backyard playground for their kids or grandkids. You can find a range of prebuilt equipment that can be bought and assembled in the backyard.
- There are many playground sets available through online sites and at many big box stores.
- If you want custom work done, and you are good at woodworking, you could build part of the playground yourself. You need to make sure it is entirely safe for the children to use, however.
- You can reduce injuries by choosing surfaces such as sand or wood and rubber mulch.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$5,703
- Bronx, NY$4,686
- Brooklyn, NY$3,906
- Philadelphia, PA$4,872
- Washington, DC$4,228
- Atlanta, GA$3,825
- Miami, FL$3,479
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$3,644
- Minneapolis, MN$4,275
- Chicago, IL$4,981
- Houston, TX$5,138
- San Antonio, TX$3,449
- Austin, TX$3,905
- Denver, CO$3,299
- Phoenix, AZ$3,481
- Las Vegas, NV$3,821
- Los Angeles, CA$4,305
- San Diego, CA$3,907
- San Jose, CA$4,719
- Seattle, WA$3,455
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: