How Much Does It Cost To Install A Paver?
Paver Installation Costs
Landscaping projects around the home are not focused only on plants and trees. There are lawns as well as patios and terraces, walks and flower beds involved. When looking to create an outdoor living space, pavers are an excellent resource. They do not cost a great deal individually, but the process of installing them requires a lot of specialized skill and effort.
Paver installation: 16’x18’ patio.
|Pavers||$5 per sq.ft.||108||$540|
|Labor Cost||$6-$10 per sq.ft.||108||$648-$1080|
|Total Cost||$11-$15 per sq.ft.||108||$1,188-$1,620|
Other considerations and costs
- It is important to remember that the project type has a huge impact on the price and time required. A standard square patio with square pavers is going to be far less expensive than a curved patio with varying sizes of pavers and details.
- Existing conditions can also make the price of a paver installation increase substantially. For example, a pre-existing pavement means removal costs have to be calculated. If a paver installation is to match a brick paver driveway or other installation, that too can create higher costs.
- Hauling fees may also apply
- To ensure the pavement is level, excavation could be required, and the labor to dig out and haul away materials as well as leveling the area can boost costs, and it is important to understand average land clearing and building site prep costs to get a better idea of the price on a paver installation.
- Taxes and permit fees are not included.
- DIY paver installation is not highly recommended. Common mistakes can result in the need for a total “redo” on the project, and it can involve everything from poor leveling to a lack of skill in edging the patio.
- The costs for DIY may be appealing since pavers can be inexpensive and basic materials (gravel, sand and edging pavers) ranging in the area of $200-$300 or less, but it is still not a recommended DIY project.
- Craftsman Estimator Costbook, complete series year 2019.
- Latest prices found on Home Depot and other vendor Web sites.
- Literature review of DIY Web sites.
Enter your zip code to get estimates
Cost by city
- New York, NY$2,255
- Bronx, NY$1,853
- Brooklyn, NY$1,545
- Philadelphia, PA$1,927
- Washington, DC$1,672
- Atlanta, GA$1,513
- Miami, FL$1,376
- Fort Lauderdale, FL$1,441
- Minneapolis, MN$1,691
- Chicago, IL$1,970
- Houston, TX$2,032
- San Antonio, TX$1,364
- Austin, TX$1,544
- Denver, CO$1,305
- Phoenix, AZ$1,377
- Las Vegas, NV$1,511
- Los Angeles, CA$1,703
- San Diego, CA$1,545
- San Jose, CA$1,866
- Seattle, WA$1,366
Local costs have been calculated by accounting for labor and material cost differences across different cities. To get accurate cost estimates, indicate yours: